Alexander McQueen skull scarf (August 2004 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Belowen@Aug 17 2004, 02:57 AM
I've seen them on Liv, Sienna and Cyndi Lauper... I love them :wink:
[snapback]335178[/snapback]​

Dont forget Kate Moss

I think it looks absolutely ridiculous. Hate it...

Well, it depends on how one folds or ties the scarf -- any scarf. Most of the time, the design isn't as visible as the colourway. In fact, many of the scarves I love because of the design I find I don't buy because once folded, the design disappears and I find I don't care for the colour.

I spent almost two hours at Hermes selecting a scarf as a special gift to me and in the end, I chose one I had rejected earlier because I kept returning to the colourway which was very versatile for my needs. Fortunately, I have a wonderful sales consultant there and she was quite happy to help me as long as it took. She was even kind enough to find me a black jacket to wear while narrowing down from the final five. :wink:

Chances are that no one would see the entire scarf all at once or even the giant skull because it can be folded away very easily.

Sorry, I'm becoming a scarf bore. :lol:

Originally posted by tealady@Aug 18 2004, 09:27 AM
Chances are that no one would see the entire scarf all at once or even the giant skull because it can be folded away very easily.

Then why buy one with a skull? :wink:

I want one :cry:

Thank god Im taking screenprinting, so someone might end up with a knockoff around Miami :shifty:

Originally posted by AlexN@Aug 18 2004, 11:40 AM
Then why buy one with a skull? :wink:

If you like the colours, why not? I was just trying to say that ruling out a scarf by design alone doesn't always work. As always, to each her own! :flower:

Alexander McQueen skull scarf

hi, I'm not very familiar with Alexander Mcqueen, but I really love the skull scarf he did and was wondering if anyone could help me out? Which collection was it featured in? Does anywhere sell Mcqueen online where I could buy it? the only place I could find is netaporter but they don't start stocking it until later in the year. And also, how much did they sell for? I like it, but if I buy one off ebay I don't want to get totally ripped off and pay way over retail. Thanks for any help, and sorry I know so little about it!! :flower:

Now I am probably horribly wrong, but I thought the skull scarf was limited edition and done for his amex sponsored black collection and I don't believe it's for sale anymore and no one that I know of (other than Yoox) sells McQueen online.

I think the scarf you're referring to is this one from Spring/Summer 2003. It was done in a few colours (blue and white, black and white and I think pink and white)

100084803.jpg
100084845.jpg

from style.com

I'm not sure if it was a seasonal one-off or continually produced. Yoox has sold similar McQueen scarves for around $300 and they calculate their prices by taking 40% of the regular retail price, right? So...whatever that would be.

They also came in green and red, and ive also seen a yellow and orange
(limited edition)

I use my skull scarf on my silverado bag..

I love that scarf so much!!! :heart:

Such a shame that Sienna Miller has been wearing it around now.. now people think I am copying her, by wearing it:ninja: AS IF!:angry:

I saw that scarf in Vogue a LONG time ago, it's really cool, they had it in a ketchup and mustard combo. Also it's in AbFab (along with alot of other S/S 03 McQueen) she has the black and white too.

If they did have it on Yoox it would be heavily discounted since it is several seasons out, but it was a very popular scarf, though he could reissue it cause he needs the money now.

Pucci Mama :lol: I remember u wanted to buy that scarf a long time ago :lol:

I still want one :cry:

I got my acid green & black skull scarf on sale at the Mcqueen store for $160.00 & a white & blue one on Ebay for about $175.00. That was probably a couple years ago. You can still find them on Ebay from time to time though. If you can get one I deffinately would. I looooooooooove mine!

Alejandro said:
Pucci Mama :lol: I remember u wanted to buy that scarf a long time ago :lol:

I still want one :cry:

I was going mad for that scarf!:lol: :heart:

I finally got my hands on it.... :shifty:

fairly predictable! Mary kate wears a skull scarf, her minions follow..... :lol:

I must be the only person who doesn't like the skull scarf. However, the blue and white is pretty...but I still don't like it enough. It would suit certain people on TFS though!

copper said:
fairly predictable! Mary kate wears a skull scarf, her minions follow..... :lol:

Are you saying bthat i am following Mary Kate?:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->