Avant-garde shoes

loving this thread too :smile:
but would like to clarify that i DONT like the Rick Owens shoes at all. personal taste :wink: so not sure who you were referring to seanut :unsure:
i do however find them very different to the ones in the video... that is why i said that i am intrigued by designers who are "inspired" by, in Rick's case, more fetish but translate into something more wearable (again, even if i personally do NOt like them either way)
all the models in his showrooms were literally parading around in them and i must say Rick Owens' showroom is the most alien-like altogether, so overall having the entire look does help to pull them off...

anyway, i find the Marios Schwab for SS08 (by Scorah Pattullo) fabulously avantgarde.. i wish i had a pic at hand to see what everyone else thinks. it is really mainly the heel that is quite architectural :heart:

No, Laika, you are actually not contradicting me. :heart:
I was saying something similar to what you said – that the difference between what we might see as avant-garde and what we might not, can be influenced by its context. It's a very interesting thing.

Leyla I would love to see pix if you ever come across some! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc Jacobs Spring 2008

00250m.jpg
00070m.jpg

Miu Miu Fall 2007

00090m.jpg

Miu Miu Spring 2008

00100m.jpg
00120m.jpg
00010m.jpg

i dont know who makes these, but they are wonderful :wub:
style%20and%20the%20city%20.%20com%20street%20style%20paris%20IMG_4407.jpg

style, styleandthecity

Prada Fall 2007

00260m.jpg
00200m.jpg

Prada Spring 2008

00010m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00130m.jpg

Prada Fall 2008

00600m.jpg
00700m.jpg

I think these take the cake:

At Emporio Armani fw.09

ealoshoes1.jpg
ealoshoesdet.jpg

:blink:

all: style.com

^Those are awesome!

:cool:

Balenciaga Fall 2007

00100m.jpg
00240m.jpg

McQueen Fall 2006/Spring 2008

00100m.jpg
00470m.jpg

Dior HC Spring 2007

00380m.jpg

style

loving this thread too :smile:
but would like to clarify that i DONT like the Rick Owens shoes at all. personal taste :wink: so not sure who you were referring to seanut :unsure:
i do however find them very different to the ones in the video... that is why i said that i am intrigued by designers who are "inspired" by, in Rick's case, more fetish but translate into something more wearable (again, even if i personally do NOt like them either way)
all the models in his showrooms were literally parading around in them and i must say Rick Owens' showroom is the most alien-like altogether, so overall having the entire look does help to pull them off...

anyway, i find the Marios Schwab for SS08 (by Scorah Pattullo) fabulously avantgarde.. i wish i had a pic at hand to see what everyone else thinks. it is really mainly the heel that is quite architectural :heart:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, leyla...fetish footwear lives within the confines of sexual content whereas avant-garde (as seen in the RO boots) are the [theoretically] wearable interpretation of the designer.

those are great examples of another "surreal" realm of avant garde...thanks for posting them r_r_r

leyla,
I hope you find the Marios Schwab's to post

^you're welcome!

:flower:

It's wonderful to see how far shoes have come in terms of design.

:heart:

I didn't perceive those Prada shoes (the first pair, the ones luckyme has, that Nine West knocked off) as avant garde ... did I miss something? :unsure: I know the heel is curved, but that's pretty common ...

And nice to see Marc Jacobs posted here :P Wish I had a picture of my Lucite jewel heel shoes to post.

I guess the prada's weren't AG enough for meB)...cause I returned them a week after I bought them. truth is the heel was to thin to walk on comfortably.

these Margeila's are on my list of this season's favorite's. I like the boot version too.

harputs

Attachments

• mmwedge1.jpg
    mmwedge1.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 4
here are the schwab shoes:
(from the kingdom of style)

Attachments

• marioschwabscorah.jpg
    marioschwabscorah.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 14
that top right one is the heel im talking about!
i also took some pics so will post soon..
one is open toe, the other the same as above :smile:
thanks for posting

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you or anyone else here specifically. My original comment was, "I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just saying."

It all boils down to personal taste, I suppose.

is it a coincidence that most of these shoes are released during the 'fall' season?

Luckyme & Leyla I agree with you that Fetish and Avant Garde are different. For me, the difference lies mostly in the designer's intent, and then sometimes how it is consumed. I just believe that they are not always exclusive of each other. I think that the same design could often qualify with both categories depending on how it is presented.

W Magazine did a editorial last year with all the models donning latex stockings. It was absolutely glorious... The stockings were created by a company that specializes in fetishwear. But, because of how they were presented, they transcended their Fetish roots and shifted to the Avant Garde – the very same stockings!

Pushing the boundaries of design in a artistic and sometimes provocative way with thoughtful presentation is so exciting! And no, I don't necessarily mean sexually... :wink:

Again, what a fabulous exchange!
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts. :flower:

Oh I love those mario schwab shoes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilywatch
Back