Avant-garde shoes

Louis Vuitton

301m.jpg

Pierre Hardy
406m.jpg

I had to do a double-take on both.

style

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I like them too ... are the cubes as 3D as they look? Being Pierre Hardy, I'm sure the design is impeccable ...

the shoes in #65 are not avant garde, so sry. neither are those louis vuittons.....thats just called fug.

^^^ I get totally that. I agree this is an interesting subject. I think that art can be sexually provactive though (see Louboutin's collab with David Lynch).

The shoes from the video still don't seem sexual in anyway to me. It's the venue that takes them there. It's the clubby disco and presentation that cheapens the "art" and takes them to a low disposable form. Put them on the runway, and we've got a totally different story. The other posts in this thread are definitely more sophisticated, but I think much of the way we perceive things is how it's presented. Much of the art world relies on this theory.

karma! i totally agree.

the shoes in #65 are not avant garde, so sry. neither are those louis vuittons.....thats just called fug.

completely disagree with you. they may not be "pretty" but they fit into the avant garde theme, not because of who made them but due to the fact that they took a conformist concept and twisted it about.

lucky, those tall junya platforms are so cute and they could not be shrieking your name any louder. They would work with a lot of stuff this season and even into fall, I think. :innocent:

laika, you know me too well :heart:, I bought the high and the low ones just for that reason and I even wore the high ones today to celebrate the warm weather :lol: and the artsy uniform I wore today.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:
shoulda figured you copped already....very nice! I love the tall ones especially, with the little fringe/tassel detail. :heart: What colors did you get?

black for both. lows are as close to ballet flats as I dare go...and the high with fringe are just what the doctor ordered, fringe intended. very avant...

Let's not forget Martin Margiela and his penchant for avant-garde shoes

HC FW07 cut out patchwork spat boots
photo_mid_def_2050182.jpg

The cowboy-biker-runner hybrid
photomiddef2050170ca3.jpg

Kei Kagami and their experimental creations
photomiddef1934196mo0.jpg

photomiddef1934226ty5.jpg

photomiddef1557020rl5.jpg

photomiddef1557011cl3.jpg

firstview

^so interesting :crush:

what's up with all the reversed high heels ..with the heel at the front of the shoe and nothing at the back :ninja: it's everywhere in this thread..

^ That next to last pair above is wearable & I kinda like 'em, but some of the others :ninja: Elf meets bone fracture ... It looks like the parts were salvaged from Ace Hardware circa 1944, so they're eco-friendly anyway :wink:

Crazy stuff! I wouldn't be caught dead in any of it, but I appreciate the experimentalism.

^sometimes the line between avant garde and ugly is extremely thin, isnt it?

ahahaha! yes, it sure is. but I know some people go for it. I'm just not one of 'em.

Marios Schwab for Scorah pattullo SS08

There you go! I particularly love TAL in natural calf :heart:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
loving this thread too :smile:
but would like to clarify that i DONT like the Rick Owens shoes at all. personal taste :wink: so not sure who you were referring to seanut :unsure:
i do however find them very different to the ones in the video... that is why i said that i am intrigued by designers who are "inspired" by, in Rick's case, more fetish but translate into something more wearable (again, even if i personally do NOt like them either way)
all the models in his showrooms were literally parading around in them and i must say Rick Owens' showroom is the most alien-like altogether, so overall having the entire look does help to pull them off...

anyway, i find the Marios Schwab for SS08 (by Scorah Pattullo) fabulously avantgarde.. i wish i had a pic at hand to see what everyone else thinks. it is really mainly the heel that is quite architectural :heart:

Attachments

• Tal cut out_low res.jpg
    Tal cut out_low res.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"