Avant Garde - What does it mean?

Multitudes said:
Yes... Parrots, Starbucks, Flaubert.... and Male Menopause...
what an avant-gardistic Multiplicity that would be...:woot: :lol:
:woot: indeed - it's all about mixing of perspectives - what's your pleasure? we will sell it to you - move this to the shopping section...

It certainly doesn't have anything to do with designers and collections (or indeed anythign at all), so that seems sensible faust.

^^my dear faust this thread is much more in danger to be moved to the dark, dark corner of the art & design section.:P

Estella Mare said:
^^my dear faust this thread is much more in danger to be moved to the dark, dark corner of the art & design section.:P

Oh no, who will feed it there? :cry:

maybe multitudes will, he's one of the fearless people who go there^_^

faust said:
no, i was thinking about something much more earthly - like posts on this page :wink::innocent:
Faust... what are you implying here.. that my thoughts on the avant-garde is not earthly... :lol:

this whole thread is so terribly avant garde...i feel a post-post modernism movement coming on! art and design where it belongs...we're surely not talking about fashion here, or are we? :wink:

does anyone have any examples of avant garde artwork? salon des refuses? marcel duchamp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, of understanding what I talk of, for I am Marcel Duchamp and thou art plebeian:

f99scont1.gif

www.thecityreview.com

"What can be more dangerous than to be understood? The more, because it's impossible. Always are we understood in the wrong way..."(Picasso)

Avant-garde artists usually follow the primitivism movement. Here's Russian artist Olga Rozanova's work.

Image courtesy:artnet.com

Attachments

• abstract10.jpg
    abstract10.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
The most avant-gardistic thinking you will ever come across, but if we have to define avant-garde through wikipedia notion on the avante-garde... then this is not avant-garde at all....:lol:
plateau1.jpg

This is a rhizome...
bussoti-rhizome.gif

becoming animal... becoming woman... becoming a body without organs... :woot: :lol:

^^^ yes...:woot:... I have just discovered why I love your paintings Honey Blade... They are rhizomatic... nomadic war-machines... :woot: :P

awww thanks Multitudes, but it's so embrassing taking praise from you. Your work is far more captivating then mine :flower:

... ^^being modest aren't we..:wink: ...:flower:
..... modesty.. another part in the avant-gardistic assemblage...:lol:

I'm glad You like them .francesca..:flower: ... and thank you for your "rhizome"...:heart:
..They are from the book I also posted... have you read Deleuze and Guattari?....
If you haven't I can only recommends it, eventhough it's like "wrestling with wolves", but all the hard work getting through these two "crazy" frenchmens thoughts is all worth it... this is truely creative and radical thoughts in every aspects of the social/creative field... not just in theory, but also in action... for me, this what the avant-garde should be about...:P

multitudes, your right - avant-garde is about radical and creative thought. Its like making punk rock music where you have to think out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->