Bi-racial/mixed models

oolie coco said:
Really old pictures of Thania Peck from her Seventeen days. Some are with Amy Smart. Her cover reads April 1997.

celebritypicturesarchive.com

I am farily certain that she is dating pro snowboarder Danny Kass... random, I know, but they make such a cute couple :blush:

Hmm, very interesting. Most of the Southern hemisphere is mixed. Someone mentioned Brazil, as is New Zealand and Australia. I live in South Africa and this country is mixed to the bone.

my best friend is from south africa..I LOVE the language it sounds so pretty.

luna1576 said:
Afrikaans ..it reminds me of dutch a little

Yeah, because it's a mixture of old Dutch, German and French (passed down and mixed up through the generations). It sounds like a whole different language on it's own, I was in the supermarket and this couple were speaking. My mind was tuned in on English so I ws thinking: My, what a strange language they're speaking.. sounds Russian/French/Germanic? Then I realized they were speaking Afrikaans really fast :blush: whoops.

amphrosyne said:
Which one - English, Afrikaans, Zulu?

..or Sesotho, Ndebele, Xhosa, Northern Sotho, Tswana, Venda, Swazi or Tsonga.. yup, there's 11 official languages :doh:

Chrishell Stubbs is not biracial. She identifies as being puerto rican. Alot of of puerto ricans aren't the jlo norm.. about a thrid look predominately black... as genetics are a funny thing.

If Chrishell is puerto rican then she could be a mix of black and spanish. BTW I like this thread a lot, I'm mix too, my family is half french and half german, italian and swiss.

According to someone on the Fansofrealitytv.com forums, this is Aline Serpa, who is half Brazilian and half Japanese.

walking for Alexander McQueen

oolie coco please post credits or the pictures will have to be removed

What's wrong with my credit of fansofrealitytv.com? That's where the pictures came from.

i don't really consider hispanics mixed. i am hispanic. i am not mixed because i think that is a cultural experience adn a political status. besides basically all african-americans are part white.. it doesn't make them mixed, becasue that lack that cultural identity. otherwise we would list every single person on this site as mixed, cuz to some extent none of us are"pure"

that's very true and that's usually why I post either bi racial or tri racial people..beacause technically everyone is mixed with something so 'mixed' can mean a lot of different things. I put mixed in the title because sometimes I say I'm mixed and sometimes I say I'm bi racial. I wanted to leave it open to interpretation. Basically I started the thread for models of bi or tri racial backround.

I'm sorry, I will look for your thread and add pictures with you later :smile: I have to support Asian models!

There's also Aline Nakashima, another Brazilian/Japanese model as well.

electricladyland said:
i'm technically "biracial" too. i just don't want people confusing being mixed with buying into the idea that these racial categories are fixed, stable, and unchanging. that is the farce. I respect the many ways that we all identify ourselves. i often refer to myself as black even though my mother is japanese and even though i know that the category black is socially constructed.

Most blacks are mixed anyway because of their history (i.e. slavery). It's rare to find someone who is black and has a history of slavery in their family NOT to have interracial relationships during that period of enslavement in their family.

Anywayz, I kind of like the whole mix thing, but at the same time, I think it's overplayed as "exotic" which can get annoying pretty quickly. In the end, mixed people are just like anyone else; they're human. How do I know this? I'm mixed as well.

Here's some more pictures.

CREDIT: FANSOFREALITYTV.COM FORUMS

more of Aline Serpa (I'm pretty sure these are all her... correct me if I am wrong!) The last picture is at an Iceberg show.

Jenny Wong (I don't know her racial makeup but she seems mixed)

Nina Brosh (Chinese and Russian, apparently she's done Bebe ads)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->