Carine Roitfeld’s New Magazine to Debut in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
A BIT MORE FROM CARINE: Carine Roitfeld, in Tokyo for various Chanel festivities, said she is flying to New York today to work on the September launch of her new magazine. Although she couldn’t be pressed on the name, she said it will come out twice a year and resemble a book. There will be no “front of the book” section and its emphasis will be “fashion with a lot of freedom.”
wwd

Roitfeld says she's flying to New York today to start working on it, which backs up previous rumors that she's partnered with the same group behind V and Visionaire. (Roitfeld collaborated with several of their publications over the past year and is reportedly in their offices all the time.) It also makes sense that she'd set up camp here, the home of her soon-to-be-born grandchild. So, hooray! She's ours.
nymag

I'm so tired of this woman. I didn't used to think she was a famewhore, but now it's pretty obvious.

I can't wait to see the result of this, I hope she puts all her energy into it :D

As usually, I'm glad to see a new project coming from Carine ^_^

I'm so tired of this woman. I didn't used to think she was a famewhore, but now it's pretty obvious.

How is she a fame wh*re? She's just editing and releasing her own publication, a job that she did for a decade.

If someone's got the time to be a famewhore while editing and producing their own magazine, I can only be impressed with their energy... fashion moves so fast, I can see why she doesn't want the hype to die away before her publication actually comes out. But it'll not be long before we get to see the substance.

How is she a fame wh*re? She's just editing and releasing her own publication, a job that she did for a decade.

agreed, plus its competitive nowadays editors have to embrace celebrity and pop culture to remain relevant. If Anna W could embrace fame who wouldn't

Can we get a list running of models who'll appear in the magazine?

I'll start,
1. Lara Stone

:lol:

I love the concept of only being released twice a year, I'm sure it'll be phone book-thick and people will fight each other to have a copy...I would :P

I hope it won't be too pretentious or cliché, but I'm definitely looking forward to see it.

VP disguised as Encens. This is going to be hilarious, especially if V is indeed involved. :lol:

^with the direction V and even Visionaire to a certain extent have headed these days,i concur. looks like highgloss tabloid dross.

this is the issue 0 of her new magazine? It looks kind of unispiring but its problably (and I hope so) just a test issue.

PS: And this was the brilliant name that she chose?

I don't know why, but I'm not excited about this like I thought I might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->