Carine Roitfeld’s New Magazine to Debut in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
From left to right: Frida A, Lais, Marie P, Ava, Thairine, (not sure.. that collar bone mole confuses me :doh:) and Tayane.

Sorry :blush:, this is the correct answer.

Frida Aasen, Cora Emmanuel, Marie Piovesan, Ava Smith, Thairine Garcia, Stef Van Der Laan and Amra Cerkezovic

New Image

CR_900PX.gif

crfashionbook.com

Rumor: Kate Upton Will Cover the First Issue of Carine Roitfeld’s New Mag, CR Fashion Book

We got a peek at a preview for Carine Roifteld’s hotly anticipated new mag CR Fashion Book last week–a teaser featuring models in cropped wigs slinking around on mirrored floors that will run in V this Thursday. But we just heard a little bit of gossip about the first full issue, due out in September: Model of the moment Kate Upton will be on the cover.

We hear from a reliable source close to the mag that Roitfeld, who cast Upton to walk in her all-black fashion show for amFAR in Cannes, has shot Kate Upton for the cover. According to our source, Kate Upton is “Carine’s new Lara Stone.” They both have a similar look: ’70s blond bombshell–ample assets. Of course, Upton will have been shot for the cover and the cover spread by a non-Conde Nast contracted photographer (we hear that the war between Conde Nast and Roitfeld is heating up and that all Conde contributors–stylists included–are being forbidden from working with CR Fashion Book).

Well, this ought to seal Upton’s fate as a model with a high fashion career.

fashionista.com

This Kate Upton cover rumour can't be true, it just can not. I don't understand how you can work with models like Kati and Marie and then choose someone like Upton to be on the cover. Does not make sense.

Well, Carine did put Paris Hilton on the cover of French Vogue at one point...I think there's a bit of a media-wh*re in her. Plus, she needs this launch to be significant and get people talking. She wants to stay relevant and being a stylist/contributor isn't going to keep her on top for long.

Well Kate is actually a good and surprisingly versatile model that fits Carine's aesthetic perfectly. I can't wait to see their collaboration. I'm hoping that they push the limits of taste with this first issue. People love to hate on her but her work speaks for itself. I hope Carine pushes her to the tippy top of the industry!!! What can I say, I love models with a lot of haters. :wink:

Kate's recent work should be able to disprove the nay sayers...she does high fashion work like a pro you never see any traces of the GQ Kate Upton

^It pains me to say it, but you are right, she looks great in the Prada Schiaparelli : Impossible Conversations book.

I do want to throw something out there... Do you guys think Carine is too old to be starting her own publication ? she is 57 after all, there are other counterparts in the industry such as Katie Grand who have started their own publications but are at a much younger age bracket and for me I feel they are at an advantage, like any other career with being considerably younger and fresher.

Last edited by a moderator:
What has age got to do with it? As long as she produces relevant work...

I hate that gif in post 43. its obvious that it wasnt filmed to be a video and is a still image tat they manipulated with warp. it looks cheap and lazy, which is sad because i think it would look lovely as a still image,

Giving a magazine your own name is in bad taste, it looks like something those Z listers do for a while when they want to cash in quickly in a surge of exposure. This is clearly a vanity project and not a magazine that it's here to stay and grow.

I love Carinne work, but i'm pretty disappointed.

I definitely agree. She has come from vogue paris, a magazine that ha existed for nearly 100 years. She is now part of that century old legacy. Its surprising that she isnt trying to create a brand that will live beyond her, bu maybe she just wants to put out what she wants to put out and have it end, which is lame, imo.

I don't think giving he magazine her own name, especially when it's new, is that tacky. Giving the magazine her name kind of situates it and gives it context, especially for people who don't follow fashion blogs or websites, but who might stumble across it at a newsstand. I'm sure that in a few years (if the mag is still around) the CR will be dropped from the title (like how Interview used to be "Andy Warhol's Interview). Also, let's not forget Mirabella, which was founded by Grace Mirabella (another spurned Vogue editor).

new pic from the site

crfashionbook.com

i like it however i am dissapoined what its Faena again. i`m pretty sure. all that conde nast conflict is just annoying...

What has age got to do with it? As long as she produces relevant work...

In fashion it's an important factor, how young you are... most, if not all of her work since she was fired from VP hasn't been relevant :ninja:.

The picture above is pretty hilarious, the dolls hand is just... THERE :rofl:.

I think what keeps Carine's vision young and fresh, and able to compete, is that she has a sense of humor about fashion/photography. That is the thing that will keep her relevant despite age...but it's also the thing that got her the boot at Vogue.

In fashion it's an important factor, how young you are... most, if not all of her work since she was fired from VP hasn't been relevant :ninja:.

I don't think that has anything to do with age, but rather how her career has been limited by "outside forces" :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->