Celine Cancels Fall 2012 Runway Show

Pradable

Reaction score
>> LVMH wants Phoebe Philo — who is pregnant with her third child — to take it easy. "A runway show is a very demanding and personal engagement for a creative director," Celine's chief executive officer, Marco Gobbetti, told WWD. "The objective is to simplify." Though the house hasn't confirmed an alternative plan, the Fall 2012 collection will now most likely be presented in a more informal setting. Celine will maintain its current spot on the Paris Fashion Week calendar; Philo — who is currently "designing the collection with her team" — is expected to attend.

Fashionologie

I'd love to tell Phoebe...."stop having children! I love your work and of course I want to see a show everytime" but that just the devil part of me.:rolleyes: So happy for her and her pregnancy and of course she deserves some time to rest. :heart:nevertheless, we still have the presentation, so of course is going to be amazing. I'm not worried about it.

Thank you for the news :flower:

PARIS — There will be a little extra breathing room during Paris Fashion Week in March: Celine, one of the hottest tickets, is skipping the runway this season.

Celine designer Phoebe Philo is expecting her third child in April, and the company has decided to downscale its presentation.

“A runway show is a very demanding and personal engagement for a creative director,” said Marco Gobbetti, chief executive officer at Celine, owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. “The objective is to simplify.”

The precise format has yet to be fixed, but Gobbetti said he’s mulling an intimate, informal presentation, possibly in the fashion house’s showrooms.

Otherwise, it’s “business as usual” at the fast-growing firm, which is slated to open its new Madison Avenue boutique in Manhattan later this month, he said.

Gobbetti noted that Philo is still very much on the job, “designing the collection with her team.” The London-based designer is also expected to attend the presentation.

Celine plans to maintain its spot on the calendar, slated for March 4 at 1 p.m.

via WWD

aww great to hear Phoebe's with child again but i very much hope they still proceed with a runway show :rofl: maybe she can just attend front row and let her design team walk this time, like back in Chloe Fall 2005 :zorro:

edit: alright, so the show really is cancelled then :(

Last edited by a moderator:
WHEW....i had panic attacks at reading this headline that the had threw her over like they have some of their other creative directors. i'm glad to see lvmh learning their lessons to give their marquee designers the work-life balance they deserve.

Oh well, as long as we end up seeing the collection ^_^

All my best to her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->