Chanel Haute Couture F/W 05.06 Paris

Total looks up on style.com.

This show is so old lady-ish. Very surprising, all the long dresses and feathered capes. It's very heavy and heavy-handed. I can't say I like it, but I think it's a good collection. The 1960's film "Last Year at Marienbad" is once again a very obvious reference point for Karl.

it's not quite as bad as i feared, but not nearly as good as i expected. this is my favorite look:

00400m.jpg

i like -a lot- the look you just posted lux :heart:

i like this look:
00440m.jpg
and this is what we here call the "yayoi kusama polkadot print"...maybe he's a fan :lol:
00430m.jpg

I don't like Chanel couture shows. The pieces just look so...off and ill-fitting. Some of the dresses from this collection are so horrible they shouldn't be classified as couture.

love the one you posted, lux*:heart:, i'm not too fond of the show as a whole but it could have been worse. i agree on the marienbad-reference, m-o-m, lagerfeld is just too repetitive for my taste.
and, misahoi, that kusama one looks like an octopus, no?

well compared to the rest that i ve seen, its not the best of the roost but still soem pieces arent bad

I just saw the whole thing. Holy crap. I cant belive Lagerfeld, who is a genius at proportion could produce such unflattering ones. The statuesque models seem two feet tall, and some look like they're pregnant. Very poorly thoughout, or maybe Lagerfeld is pulling a Galliano on us? Putting extremes on the runway? Proportion seems to be a trend and like Galliano, Lagerfeld takes it to the extreme so people will take notice...*hopes that Mein Herr hasnt lost his Double-C'd marbles*

I have to see his interview on Chanel.com, though I dont think anything he can say would make this collection make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly feel he is running out of ideas . . . trying to keep Chanel's classic touches, but always keep things MODERN. I am sure it has to be frustrating to not be able to throw out everything and start from stratch. :P

its a real sad collection, but how could it be elseway?
he keeps himself too busy with all his 'other' lines, not to mention H&M and his new diffusion (busy to keep his new boss Tommy happy i guess)

regardless here some entertaining 'flashes' related to the show

*A baby-doll dress is not an unusual sight at a couture show — except when worn by a gentleman.(see posted photo in page 3 of this thread)
"I'm wearing a lot of student fashions this week," explained Turner Prize-winning artist Grayson Perry, who is catching a lot of attention — and puzzled expressions. Perry, a transvestite potter who tackles tough subjects like child abuse and masculine identity on his intricate vases, has a more lighthearted assignment this week: He's covering the couture for Paris-based fashion magazine Spoon by sketching his favorite looks from the collections. His take on couture so far: "Trannie heaven."

*Karl Lagerfeld is ready for his close-up >bien sure.....< .
Following back-to-back Chanel couture shows on Thursday, movie cameras and extras were scheduled to roll in today to his show venue to start shooting Francis Veber's upcoming film, "La Doublure," in which the designer has a cameo. The only difference between the real show and Veber's on-screen version is that he will put up-and-coming French actress Alice Taglioni in the wedding dress for the finale. The film, also starring Kristin Scott Thomas, is a romantic comedy set in the fashion world. Meanwhile, Chanel regular Anna Mouglalis, looking stunning in jeans and a Chanel jacket, revealed she's slated to play Simone de Beauvoir in an upcoming film about the French philosopher. In September, fans can see her in "Romanzo Criminale," in which she plays a prostitute. "I think I'm ready to do a little comedy now," quipped the French beauty.

Lena said:
its a real sad collection, but how could it be elseway?
he keeps himself too busy with all his 'other' lines, not to mention H&M and his new diffusion (busy to keep his new boss Tommy happy i guess)

regardless here some entertaining 'flashes' related to the show

Lena:
Thank you for the quote and the updates...great thread everyone....too bad the collection, well, SUCKS!!!!!:yuk:

you are welcome hermes, my pleasure :flower:

"trannie heaven" thats soooo true no? :D

thanks for the info, lena :flower:

yes, it is sad...i sincerely hope the next collections are better than this.

the only detail shot worth posting :P :blink:

00990m.jpg

:blink: oh no, not good. Very heavy and very unflattering. It all looked so....unappealing. There were maybe three looks in the entire collection that interested me, other then that it was just a bunch of past Lagerfeld couture collections lumped together.

I think the two words that come to mind are half-***ed :ninja:

It's very 1960s stuffy couture however....

the craftmanship is mind-blowing! It's also something the philantropist Deeda Blair would wear.

I'm a bit dissapointed - some of it is lovely in terms of details, but overall it seems too stuffy and cramped.

I rather liked this coat though -

luxmode said:
the only detail shot worth posting :P :blink:

poor Karla, is getting real old, its a very emotional photo.. thanks lux

but those silver driving gloves :sick:
i bet he's been wearing them to conceal his age :ninja:

Nothing quite as good as I imagined, though I really do love the hair and makeup. The pink dress in post #64 is one of my favorites from the collection, but overall it isnt quite up to usual Chanel standards :(

AniexDaffodil said:
I honestly feel he is running out of ideas . . . trying to keep Chanel's classic touches, but always keep things MODERN. I am sure it has to be frustrating to not be able to throw out everything and start from stratch. :P

I personally feel the image Coco created is very liberal in it's interpretation, Lagerfeld certainly sticks too hard. I could snap togther a collection that is modern, fresh and cool but still very Chanel, that could partially be because the Chanel image is very me anyways and the things Chanel loved I love.

I think Mein Herr has bitten off too much. He has two Fendi collections (which generally suck for the most part), six Chanel collections and four Lagerfeld Gallery collections, total of 12 full collections every year. That's if he doesnt do Fendi's menswear, and both Lagerfeld Gallery and Fendi dont have Cruise/Resort/Pre-Fall collections.

Maybe it's time for Lagerfeld to pass the Double-C'd keys onto someone new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->