Chanel Haute Couture S/S 05 Paris

liberty33r1b said:
gorgeous!

52060535.jpg

I really like this

I don't mind that it looks similar to his past chanel collections-thank god he does fendi and lagerfeld gallery!...even though it isn't earthshattering there are nice details and some very wearable pieces, and combined with the styling its pretty inspiring.

again again ...

strawbutterb said:
I really like this

Was about to pick this one out before ... aswell
well again again then...
Nice silhouette .. indeed

i don't like this collection or at least what i've seen. some pieces like that black dress mj addict posted or the white number just above this are alright but it's soo redundant of what he's done before. especially the like sequined spider web technique.

i think the set is disgusting. it's so cheap looking and bland

i'm assuming it's the la marie number but the white dress with all the roses. it reminds me of the wedding dress project runway where ...the pratt graduate did the gross roses dress for olgaaa. it's just a high end version of that awful dress. a lot of the stuff i see here if it wasn't chanel and was in a store i wouldn't give it the time of day.

:buzz: what a wonderful collection! lol, I'm going through a bit of an obsession with the 18th century, so this collection seems just marvelous to me :blush: :blush: :heart: :heart:

SiN said:
... I know there's a lot of karl bashing around here at times, perhaps deservedly so...but he does create some amazing things.

definitely :wub:
...he hasn't lost it :heart:

The cropped white wigs are beautiful, and I love the elegant black brows.

I don't think the clothes are anything new, impressive all the same, especially the detail.

A lot of you are saying this continues the same overused tropes of Karl's couture for the past three or four years, but I actually think that this is a collection that really tries to break free of that for once. It's a beautiful show, though maybe a little too frilly and frothy at times. No one wants to look like a partially plucked chicken. But in the end it's really clothes like this that keep couture alive in the 21st century. There's no need for circus sideshows anymore.

Though I agree with wyatt. The set is cheap trash and shockingly bad. Embarrassing.

Softgrey, you MUST see 'Last Year at Marienbad'. It's really such an ongoing reference for Karl. Once you see it, you can trace the true inspiration for this collection and many others.

Very uninspired. Chanel couture was superb two to three seasons ago, but it seems to have taken a turn for the worse. So kitchy, and the suits & bows are terrible Valentino knock-offs. The only thing that did not cause me to frawn is this:
00520f.jpg

i'm crazy over those kinds of eyebrows. this is the kind of strong beauty i want to champion. the wigs are lovely.

anyway the clothes are decent, but i'm my eyes aren't bugging out of their sockets or anything. i'd certainly wear a few things (although other looks are quite old looking) but karl's had better days.

Liberty, that is the the only dress thus far that I've seen. I find it very uninspiring, bland and boring and completely lacking direction. Those arm things are very spanish and yet the shoes are very 18th century but I don't think the dresses reflect either of those. Disappointed as per usual. I'm not saying if I was given it for free I wouldn't wear it, but I wouldn't pay couture prices for it.

what was he trying to do reproduce lagerfield clones with tha hair and make up? pretty collection though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->