Chanel Haute Couture F/W 05.06 Paris

cute
53208760.jpg

Hmm, judging from the images that Getty has to offer so far, this will be a more constructed collection. Although, i think the Spring 2005 Couture Lagerfeld produced was superior to other collection in a few years. This one just doesn't seem as soft.

oh, yeah. I coudn't wait to see new chanel couture. Karl always has something special. In this collection he made little 60/70 which I LOVE !

maarit said:
I'm no fan of Chanel, couture or otherwise, and this is no exception. I'm sorry but the pink :sick: I'm sure Mlle is turning in her grave, I doubt she wanted her name on something so repetitive and boring.

its a VERY mediocre Lagerfeld collection, browsing with p-a-p and imho the worst of the couture season (i'm sure Gaultier and Givenchy will be better than this thing)

btw i loved the first article posted, thanks a lot liberty, it really moved me reading Chanel's premiere taking about her 'dying' craft.... :heart:

save the art of the Parisian Haute Couture ateliers,
its global cultural heritage under a constant threat of total extinction.

btw i loved the first article posted, thanks a lot liberty, it really moved me reading Chanel's premiere taking about her 'dying' craft.... :heart:

save the art of the Parisian Haute Couture ateliers,
its global cultural heritage under a constant threat of total extinction.[/QUOTE]

totally agree :flower: :heart:

Oohh I am very disappointed by this. It breathes Chanel, but it's not forfulling what I expect from (Chanel) couture. Kaiser Karl could have done better I feel. I like the yellow dress, though, the one referred to as 80's with those shoes. And the hair and make-up too. Prob by Pat McGrath.

and I think the first article also reenforced how important it is to remember the people who really make couture what it is, and bring it to life. Almsot anyone can dream up something in their head, but to be the person who sews an intricate piece into life, is a whole other story

exactly meg.. hail to the 'unknown' heros of HC

Lena said:
exactly meg.. hail to the 'unknown' heros of HC

Totally agreed...as someone who grew up in an atelier watching the craft firsthand.....it is truly a dying art form.

I am almost embarrassed to say this when everyone here finds it ugly, but I find it perfect the Chanel client...... ....the pieces have such a strict cut, very simple, I find it simply LUXURIOUS...... As far as I am concerned, no I don't like, but as a Chanel haute couture show, I think it's great.

im liking it better than some of the other recent stuff. it seems like it has a more structured fit which is more flattering on a larger group of people.

What I've seen just doesn't seem "haute couture" at all, it's just so lazy. And lazy just does not cut it for couture, especially Chanel couture.

Probably the worst Chanel collection I've seen in years, although thinking back, the last Chanel couture collection I loved was s/s 04....but this, this is just not good. And judging from the majority of reactions in this thread, I'm not the only one who has high expectations of Karl.

we are all debating fashion here very seriously, and i love it, so i don´t wan´t to be unpolite but why if he can have a seat at the show, can´t we?:

53209143.jpg

regarding the looks that i´ve been able to see at getty images, hmmm.... i think maybe for me this collection is going to be those ones that i hate at the begining but then i start to love, i will love to watch a video of it and watch the clothes move, and listen to the music, that helps to get the vibe of it much better.

thx for posting that article liberty...:flower:...
nice to get a glimpse behind the scenes every now and then...

sorry to say but even as a fan of chanel i must say i am very dissapointed in this collection seems very old to me. largerfeild has obviously caught up to the fashion which corresponds to his age! however very usual "chanel" in its look the usual ..yawnn!:o

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, style.com images are up and all, but how deeply disappointing!
I mean, of all the things frickin' rainbows and 80's shoes!:( Karl?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->