Chanel Haute Couture F/W 05.06 Paris

or these:

00470m.jpg
00490m.jpg

00550m.jpg
00610m.jpg

gorgeous details...
oh how i'd love to seee these things in person...
thx for posting...

:flower:

thanks for posting the detail shots liberty . . . it definitely helps to give a better impression of the collection

Acid said:
oh my god! i know one of those guys! im so jelous :angry:

Isn't that guy on the left in the first pic Nick Potts.. he has his own thread here too somewhere.

i can see why the critics have a boner for lagerfield, i mean the man got skinny by not eating and only working on beadwork and what not. but every couture show is the same super expensive crap but different makeup and hair styles. Chanel has always reminded me of an anorexic kristen dunst dressing up as little bo peep for some lame halloween party where she'll get chosen to play some boring biotch in some cheese ball movie. but thats just me.

botoxmolecula said:
From AbacapressUS photo:Pierre Suu

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow poses for Mario Testino in Paris on july8,2005.

(On the runway or on Gwyneth this dress is:sick: )

Mario has a contract to do the cover shoot for US Vogue, will find out which one and report back shortly.

hermesfreak said:
Fab detail shots liberty.....you are the best!!!!! Always coming through!!!!!

ahh, that's so nice of you!!! very appreciated!:flower:

Thanks liberty33r1b for the detail shots, they are fascinating.

While I agree that in general most of the looks do feel rather "old," I guess I don't consider that a problem; after all, so is most of Chanel's couture clientele. With the exception of the seriously unfortunate 80s-inspired touches, I think it's a solid, if underwhelming, Chanel HC collection. Also I think the coats are getting short shrift; some of them are breathtaking, especially these:
CHANEL-HC-F5-4682C.jpg
CHANEL-HC-F5-4837.jpg

well i agree with the consensus that this collection is dissapointing and feels done before.

droogist said:
Thanks liberty33r1b for the detail shots, they are fascinating.

While I agree that in general most of the looks do feel rather "old," I guess I don't consider that a problem; after all, so is most of Chanel's couture clientele. With the exception of the seriously unfortunate 80s-inspired touches, I think it's a solid, if underwhelming, Chanel HC collection. Also I think the coats are getting short shrift; some of them are breathtaking, especially these:

Initially I kinda didn't like the collection overall but it is growing on me...I think once we see some of the looks on the red carpet with celebs wearing them...we will see their true beauty....sometimes things just look better one at a time :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
hermesfreak said:
....sometimes things just look better one at a time :rolleyes:

that's true.

also, i think that a lot of the looks at the beginning of the show are obscured by the coats, so it's hard to tell what they're really like.

thanks for the detail shots, liberty33r1b!! :flower:

What awesome details. What I am wondering is when will the pret a porter shows be? I cant wait to see how they will incorporate the themes into ready to wear...

droogist, that first coat posted is beautiful. despite my comment on the collection looking like ancient beasts milling about, i have to say those details are visually compelling -- total couture. also, i never said dinosaurs weren't cool... B)

love the details and the article liberty!
droogist, the first coat you posted in #111 is STUNNING!!

but apart from that, like everyone said. a bit old. very chanel. and not too HC imo.

I like this colection, though much of it looks oddly EGL to me and I though this was interesting:

^i can't believe you found this! but somehow i can't imagine Karl to take inspiration from something like this....
thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->