Chloe Pre Fall 2011

chloe019895479.jpg
chloe029902687.jpg
chloe039911406.jpg

wwd

^i really hope this is See by Chloè and not from the main Chloè line..:doh:

although these few looks feel more ferragamo than chloe, it's still head-and-shoulders better than the spring/summer 2011 collection. at least, it has the spirit of chloe....especially that third ensemble. that coat will sell out.

I like it, so far - I like the colours.

No way is it SbyC - far too luxe-looking, fabric-wise and far more mature-looking than See ever is.

Last edited by a moderator:
^oh don't get me wrong,i know it's not See by Chloè...i was sarcastic ^_^

^ LOL!

Yes, I thought you probably were being - but just in case anyone thought it was, even vaguely, possible I thought I possibly ought to say something?! :D

It definately feels more like Ferragamo. There's nothing Chloe about this - how is the capricious girlishness of Chloe embodied in those upholstery velvet trousers? Or cankle boots matched with brown paisley?

^ They're knee-high boots, aren't they?

They've been doing knee-high boots, like those, since at least 2004 (with a short break, for a few seasons, recently, perhaps?).

Incidentally, Chloe hasn't always been really girlish - under Karl it was often pretty womanly.

Soft and feminine, compared with what other houses were doing at the time, yes; but not, necessarily, girlish.

I do like the 3rd look, and I agree the second look would be nice without the boots. But the first.......feels a bit matronly for me. I hate those pants.

My elder sister had a very similar dress back in 1982 , I like it actually , its nice to Hannah doing prints , she is coming into her own .

Wow, this is so bad I can already tell from those three looks. How many seasons in is she? Five? And she STILL has no sense of proportions. Seriously. And her prints always always manage to look outdated and garish. That paisley disaster is no exception.

Besides, after such a strong Spring Summer collection, I expected more from her. But alas, she has gone back to that awful 70's / 80's redux. Hopefully Her Fall Winter will not go in this direction.

Worst collection done by McGibbon, so far.
Need to see th whole thing, before making a final decision. But the proportions look awkward, the colors give an unpleasant attic feeling. And those prints on the second look are seriously awful.

^ When you say 'attic feeling', do you mean like the type of old clothing, typically found in boxes in the attic? Or like the attic itself? :lol:

Either way, I rather like that feeling, myself, TBH...

i liked the whole collection , it has a slight celine vibe , but I like this better than Celine's pre fall it has a very lived in feel and it looks very comfortable and easy to wear

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->