Christian Dior F/W 10.11 Paris

It's a terribly boring collection sugarcoated with a "dramatic" setting.

Alicia keys on Dior is just wrong, but i really do like those boots and hair...

It's sad to see such a talented designer like Galliano go commercial on a brand like Christian Dior. I'm sure in some parts it makes sense, because it sells ofcourse, but it's always been a predictable pattern with Galliano and his designs (like Balmain, for example).

It's sad to see such a talented designer like Galliano go commercial on a brand like Christian Dior. I'm sure in some parts it makes sense, because it sells ofcourse, but it's always been a predictable pattern with Galliano and his designs (like Balmain, for example).

you are so so right ! but...in fashion, being called galliano is enough to get the ca$h...

Honestly, this was not a horrible collection at all. I continue to be amazed as to how certain people can "hate" this collection (you got to ask yourself, can YOU design better garments that Galliano for Dior?....)

However, this collection was quite gimmicky and too commercial looking. The craftsmanship and romance were there, and there were a few amazing looks. But there were certain elements missing - there wasn't a "magic touch" to this collection...

Alicia Keys (is a great signer), but beginning to become too repetitive for Dior...

I hate that argument. No I cannot design like Galliano, not even close to it.

nor can I sing like Alicia Keys, nor can I act like Meryl Streep.

But that doesn't mean I can't form an opinion about their crafts.

I feel like im having deja vu this is nothing new i feel like ive seen this kind of thing before.. doesnt catch my eye or interest me in anyway infact I would go as far as to say it bores me. What a let down I felt this collection was. In a werid way I get a 90s vibe from this but not in a good way (not sure why maybe its all the brown leather)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->