viktor-e-rolf.3.vicrol-d-021-2010.03.06.16.13.34.1593143_base.jpg

viktor-e-rolf.3.vicrol-d-020-2010.03.06.16.13.42.3470865_base.jpg
viktor-e-rolf.3.vicrol-d-007-2010.03.06.16.15.31.92050_base.jpg

viktor-e-rolf.3.vicrol-d-022-2010.03.06.16.13.25.235597_base.jpg
viktor-e-rolf.3.vicrol-d-032-2010.03.06.16.11.59.5733121_base.jpg

Oh....the Gear shoes...

style.it

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah ,it's quite interesting,very unusual.
like the concept,but maybe the dressing took too much time.

Quite interesting. This is a collection I think that has to grow on me. Fun way to present your clothes. :D Dressing them on the runway is not something you see every day.

That last coat is so Gaga. She's probably dying seeing that thing.

i smell multi-functional pieces

coats are dresses, skirts, taken apart, reassembled in a matter of minutes into something else

Transformers on the runway

these clothes seem made for Grace Jones (not surprising since she played their big anniversary party).

and the shoes are to die for.

love V&R always

I usually will defend V&R but I can't stand behind this collection.
The dressing on the runway is an obvious gimmick and doesn't seem to hold any relevance to the collection. I like some of the large, conceptual pieces (which could also be seen as gimmicky) but everything else is very stream line in my eyes.

Usually, for me, V&R would still present nice clothes WITH the gimmicks or the gimmicks would hold relevancy to the clothes. Here, I don't see any of that.

Some of the largest and most unattractive coats I've seen .

Finally, something to stimulate the mind!! Thank god for Viktor&Rolf.

I have to admit though, at first glance I was a bit put off by all that black. However, I took a closer look at the HQ's, and I saw some sort of sportwear elements (the zips, the ropes that you see on industrial jackets, and of course the accentuated soles of the shoes).

I love how they fused the sportswear element with their own sensibility, and although I despise fur, that one particular fur coat was something interesting (with the ropes and the zip).

I still dont understand the show though. Were they undressing Kirsten and then putting those pieces on the models that walked down the runway? :lol: :unsure: :innocent:

From FashionWireDaily :flower:

Viktor & Rolf Dressing Up in Public

Godfrey Deeny
March 06th, 2010 @ 11:42 AM - Paris Often the simplest of ideas are the most effective in fashion, which was very much the case with the latest runway show, or work or performance art, by Dutch duo Viktor & Rolf.

In a thoroughly brilliant piece of fashion staging Saturday, March 6 in Paris, the designers Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren played the role of dressers, though not back stage but on the catwalk with the models.

The action opened with veteran, and still skinny, model Kristy McMenamy appearing in ten layers of clothing, a five-foot wide silhouette, looking like she weighed 300 lbs and covered in a dramatic dark fox collar over a boucle wool coat. Next, the designers in black tuxedoes marched her out to a central, slowly turning disc in the middle of their impressive catwalk, composed of an ingenious new industrial print featuring zeppelins, pylons and factory chimneys.

As each new model appeared the duo would take one layer off McMenamy, and put it on the newcomer. Half way through the show, they reversed the process and began dressing the veteran, until she had resumed her monumental size by the end.

Many garments, once taken off the queen figure, were turned inside out before being put on another model, showing the practicality of the collection.

“We took off 10 layers and put back on nine,” Horsting explained to FWD.

For fall, Viktor & Rolf see women in knitted leotards, slinky leather parkas and trench coats in large pattern plaids. Everything has little bits of hardware attached – high-tech buckles on coats, metal studs on cat-suits and lines of studs on mannish white shirts. The collection had the usual Viktor & Rolf preferences, huge triangular lapels, outlandish collars and oversized ruffles; and in a sense was not terribly ground-breaking.

But as a show, it was surely the most brilliantly executed either side of the Atlantic this season. The timing and execution throughout were flawless, in an exemplary display by the team of French show producer Alex de Betak.

“Really, really amazing!” cooed Lindsay Lohan, with new jet black, hair as she embraced Snoeren.

As the show reached the crescendo, the brilliant soundtrack by fellow Dutchman Diederik Idenburg peaked with huge organ chords, with hundreds of fans standing and applauding. Amid the almost deafening applause, McMenamy, in silver fox, strode off the stage like a latter day Catherine de Medici.

This was the most beautiful fashion show that I have ever had the pleasure of attending. It was brilliantly executed, wonderfully cast and up close the pieces were intricate and finely crafted. Every bit of this was exquisite, there was actual cheering from the audience, I felt like I was at a rock concert. This was fashion you could get excited about, as much as I adored the last Dries Van Noten collection, it wasn't an event the way that this show was.

I don't think these runway pictures are doing this collection justice...

Okay, I kinda love this. It's a good follow up to Summer and I could care less w/e. Menkes has to say about this-she's ugly and I hate her. This collection is interesting I the concept described by Fashionwire is rather neat. Backwards, inside and layers-something very pretty and unusual about that. I need to see the full show to complete my assessment. But as of now, I like this.

^i really doubt it,sophia. i've had that hope myself for so long but it just isn't happening.

as far as presentation,yes,it is another form of a gimmick from them. i mean if you really look at those clothes,does the 'conceptual' dressing really justify it all? it's like baby phat suddenly deciding to do a radical installation. and as far the clothes,honestly,they look cheap and trashy....even compared with their more recent outings.

This is what I was trying to say. Their designs are just very popular trends that have been distorted or sugarcoated with something that appears to be very groundbreaking, in this case the presentation and styling.

That giant coat & skirt are amazing!
I loved this, V&R never disappoints me.

So towards the end they were undressing the models and redressing kirsten..

I think the coat at the end is actually the same skirt the previous model was wearing before she took her exit and out on kirsten as a jacket?? ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->