Viktor & Rolf F/W 10.11 Paris

I think it's so cool. I always enjoy a V&R collection. It's fun, it's out there, it's gimmicky (don't understand how that's a negative when V&R are ALWAYS gimmicky) and it's well made pieces. I've never seen their other show (1999?) when they supposedly had the same idea of un/dressing, so this being the first time I'm seeing something like this, it's SO COOL.

As much as I'm not interested in the collection itself that much apart from these few huge pieces, I really like the idea for the show, and of course choosing Kristen!

I think it's so cool. I always enjoy a V&R collection. It's fun, it's out there, it's gimmicky (don't understand how that's a negative when V&R are ALWAYS gimmicky) and it's well made pieces. I've never seen their other show (1999?) when they supposedly had the same idea of un/dressing, so this being the first time I'm seeing something like this, it's SO COOL.

It was their Fall/Winter 1999/2000 Russian Doll Collection. Watch it!

Really love this collection! The styling is really nice, some very wearable pieces and then teamed with those incredible show pieces! I just love it!
I do think you have to have been there, the pictures don't do it justice at all really.

its funny you guys say, they did this in the 90s.
the trend happening in the runway right now is 90s ..

so its probably this is their way of saying 90s is here now.

To be honest Im not really sure what to think. It is more wearable then their past collections but, some stuff just looks cheap and over worked. And the dressing the models on the runway thing rememinds me of something Isaac Mizrahi did in one of his show. He wanted to give the views a double show so he made the wall to the back stage transparent so u could see the models dressing and walking down the runway. I think it ws his F/W 95 collection

It's soooo silly. So typical Viktor & Rolf. Am I the only one who finds them extremely fake?Their attitude to fashion seems forced, almost.
The dressing on the runway is kinda cool, but just sorta lame lol

The clothes look much more commercial than usual. Have they finally given up and decided to just do what they should be doing? They've never been good at contemporary fashion.

I kind of agree. I saw their documentary Because We're Worth It and they came off as extremely contrived and calculated. Ever since seeing it I can't really look at their clothes the same way :doh:.
But I must admit I always love a good theatrical show.

This was the most beautiful fashion show that I have ever had the pleasure of attending. It was brilliantly executed, wonderfully cast and up close the pieces were intricate and finely crafted. Every bit of this was exquisite, there was actual cheering from the audience, I felt like I was at a rock concert. This was fashion you could get excited about, as much as I adored the last Dries Van Noten collection, it wasn't an event the way that this show was.

I don't think these runway pictures are doing this collection justice...

I love how you put this. I don't think it's their most awesome collection ever, but there seems to be this cultural shift towards a world of experience. Everything is an experience nowadays. Boutiques, art, architecture...in popular culture, let's say, a Lady Gaga show, Avatar 3-D. It's all about experiencing and feeling whatever is happening around you.

this presentation -- more than any other i've seen this week -- makes me miss alexander mcqueen. viktor and rolf, no matter what one thinks of their collection, remain some of fashion's top show people and we lost arguably the only other person who had the design chops and the showman skills to compete at their level. someone asked who the customer for these clothes are: their customer are the design museums and schools around this world that will collect pieces like this for the generations to follow. fashion needs MORE not less of this.

now, one wonders how quickly they'll have to drop a new fragrance to pay this off? eau mega won't cover this.

Viktor & Rolf - F/W 10.11 - Preview/Full Edited Show. (All Looks)

WOW...:woot:...I usually hate V&R gimmicks - the topiary idiocy was the last straw for me and I swore I wouldn't look at another V&R collection again, but this is actually really FUN and PRAGMATIC to me. It is quite GENIUS to conceive all the outfits in layers - shapes, textures, pleats, ornaments, cuts, materials and even more punishing, to do it all in black on anonymous models in order that all the techniques are made even more visible. And to achieve such a variety of looks, from tough chic industrial to fragile crystal silks and chiffons, to take them off and put them on again, in the process transforming them, etc., what a feat!! They have won me over and did for the 2010 runway what Hussein Chalayan used to do before he pared down and backed off from delivering jaw-dropping shows.:heart:

thanks for posting a video of the show, i sooo enjoyed watching this.

for me... this collection is fun for editorial/artful purpose... but not much else
it is not that practical and seems almost pointless

i feel like there should be a special category for shows like this...
because it's so not about the clothes...and all about the presentation...

i hate that they have to be compared to the likes of bcbg and company...
and then all the commercial stuff needs to be considered as well...

i just wish there was some more interest and emphasis placed on the area where fashion and art collide...

while this is not exactly genius...
it is really really good...
and very fun!...

wish i had been there...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back