Christian Dior F/W 10.11 Paris

Feel a bit too much like Galliano/Dior's pre-fall collection.
However, overall it's much more interesting than their previous season.
To me, this collection is stronger than their most recent haute couture show.
I enjoyed the Libertine/Stable Boy direction...

anyone think of vuitton's spring collection? well, I like some of the pieces and John can always make several devine gowns easily, however this collection seems too messy and there lacks an integrated idea, or spirit to construct the show.

unbelievable! no bar suits!!!! (almost)
this is VERY early naughties for him, which is of course good!!
can we finally call the color-blocking-stiff-new-look-y days over?

he had not used leather in such a relaxed way since what? ss06?
of course the styling is toned down (it would seem insensible to unleash it all at once in current times) but the attitude is the same. Catering a younger clientele again could do great things for the label. Hopefully, it won't ever be the logowh*res again, but a more sophisticated young lady wearing it this time.

am i the only one who's sick of those sheer dresses Galliano has been sending down the runway for the past few years?

i'm so over seeing their underwear.

i like some jackets tho!

and the hair + makeup look good.

all in all, i believe i would have liked it much more if the dresses wouldn't have been sheer.

i understand john galliano must have simply made a deal with a devil in order for events to have transpired the way they have. after STARVING his fans for seasons and seasons, he finally gives us a couple of couture collections to swoon about. since the second of which actually involved tried-and-true inspiration points, i suppose he had to re-cycle the concept for his ready-to-wear in the name of budget. unfortunately, in the days gone by, he would have subjected this inspiration to the madcap styling that we know john galliano for -- now we associate it with the americana collection at marc jacobs and john galliano's eponymous collection -- and in this world of insta-fashion we think the concept is tired. i say, the concept is as fresh as it was NOT EVEN TWO MONTHS AGO -- his couture collection just showed on january 25th! that's like saying the oscar nominations are hackneyed because they were nominated for the golden globes! -- and but for more of his styling we would have loved it.

now, on its own. this isn't even one of those collection where you have to strain to pull apart the elements -- an exercise us fashion junkies actually enjoy -- this collection worked from the moment "go". from the shoes to the dresses to the coats to the transparent gowns -- my favorite signature galliano for dior piece bar none -- these clothes have the spirit of luxury and a great narrative. these clothes present some of the best options for non-total-look daywear that we've seen this month.

Why must the odd bits of beauty be completely overridden with those tacky things dominating over it?

Very curious to see the entire collection in motion .
Thanks for HQ photos .

The horrible music from the video isn't the real thing, right?

I'm so mixed on it :unsure:. I love that he modified his latest couture collection, and yet I hate that he referenced it at all. I love the eccentricities and sloppiness, but I really don't think it was executed well.

By Dior's current standards this is a much needed kick in the ***. It's nowhere near the level we know Galliano is capable of reaching, but the fact that the collection has a looseness and freedom of spirit is hugely refreshing. This has a bit of that spontaneity that makes (or made) Galliano so special, like he just let his hands do all the work instead of making an effort to insert as much "Dior" as he could manage. The slight undercurrent of something naughty, all of the looks that seem poised to fall off the body are the most exciting things he's sent out onto a runway, RTW and Couture alike, in some time.

It's still pretty boring, and the straightforward equestrian stuff is just kind of stale, but it's the most Galliano thing he's done in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is Dior's best or Galliano's best but I do really like this collection. But I'm a romantic, whimsy girl. Also, I like the juxtaposition between the flimsy floral almost lingerie like dresses with the powerful, sharply constructed leather coats

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqsuns
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->