Christian Dior F/W 10.11 Paris

Its really nothing new or exciting, but I still find myself enjoying it. I think that Galliano succeeds in styling a dramatic "show" and in creating a story around pieces that are really satisfying on a purely aesthetic level.

By Dior's current standards this is a much needed kick in the ***. It's nowhere near the level we know Galliano is capable of reaching, but the fact that the collection has a looseness and freedom of spirit is hugely refreshing. This has a bit of that spontaneity that makes (or made) Galliano so special, like he just let his hands do all the work instead of making an effort to insert as much "Dior" as he could manage. The slight undercurrent of something naughty, all of the looks that seem poised to fall off the body are the most exciting things he's sent out onto a runway, RTW and Couture alike, in some time.

It's still pretty boring, and the straightforward equestrian stuff is just kind of stale, but it's the most Galliano thing he's done in a while.

Interesting. I am not thrilled by this, but I have to agree there's a bit of freedom loosely tied to this collection. I also like the hairy pearls, it's very erotic.

Could someone please upload HQ runway photos?
I know there are some in previous pages but it's more like MQ then HQ

Thanks for the HQ's. The results are 60/40, but the craftsmanship looks awesome.

it might not be very new but i'd like to wear everything from that show it is just so beautiful and inspiring.
the haircuts are great,

The show is missing a bit of that edge and over-the-top fun that we saw him do in the early 2000s, although it feels like it's almost there which is why I find myself becoming a bit frustrated looking at the show. There also seems to be a balance of getting those young customers again and still courting the older women. It doesn't have to be either/or. Maybe they're trying to regain some of the young customers that they abandoned when the economy went sour. Overall, it's a good collection but not particularly memorable but this should definitely sell.

I would say the highlight of the collection are all the looks in post #76.

One thing i can`t understand is who loves so much Alicia at Dior???And i`m not keen on this soundtrack...Alicia all the HC Show,Alicia now at this show...oh my head!!!I think it`s going to explode of Alicia!!!Already enough!

^Good question. I watched the whole show but it was highly unbearable. They really need to spice up their soundtracks, I almost fell asleep. Besides, it's the third time they played Alicia and it simply doesn't work; the best moment was the finale with Put It In A Love Song, but as much as I like this one, it doesn't necessarily suite the collection either.

And I won't even start about the clothes, it's just sad.

It's just unbelievable how Galliano has turned into this... He was one of my favourites a while ago (quite a long while ago) and nowadays I can't see any of his awful shows. They're so dull and boring and lack any kind of interest.

The worst of everything is that at the end of his shows he still goes out with delusions of grandeur making his theatre. It's so out of place after showing those horrible collections, when they were good it was acceptable, but now?

I wonder if all this has something to do with Steven's death. :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->