Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Did you see the comment of Anaïs Mali on DP's post linked above? Carine is such a b*tch!

I know!! I've been living vicariously through this since yesterday haha the way he tried to fight back to every one of these comments within seconds.. dude, you either go seth rogen, or yeah.. f off. :lol:

'Hold me accountable' he said. *Facepalm*

Yeah I didn't read this as "Carine is racist" but it's just not nice to act this way? Why would she say to a young model who's excited to shoot that she was not wanted on the set?
Idk... I'm guess I'm just fed up of this fashion elite who's all about #family on social media but acts the opposite behind the doors...

On another note - it's interesting to see a French model feeling she was/is not supported by a fellow French editor. I know most of us on here have noticed that VP is one of the only editions of Vogue not pushing their girls.

On a side note, is Mario Testino trying to slowly get back after his #metoo accusations? Just a feeling.

^ No idea... btw a few weeks ago I researched all these men who were targeted during #metoo and nothing seemed to have happened to any of them...

I also wanted to mention one the latest issues of French Elle. I'm not sure this is the right thread, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere on TFS.

It has caused a mini controversy online because of the headline on the cover and one of the articles inside, both on the topic of losing the weight gained during the lockdown.

Here is the cover:

twitter french elle
With the headline "Get your body back! How to get your kilos out of lockdown" (rough translation)

And a snap from the article inside:

These are the author's advice for women who lost weight during the lockdown:
- don't feel bad and remember you can never be too skinny: "I remind you of the word of the Duchess of Windsor: 'a woman is never too skinny, never too rich'"
- if you're skinny you are less at risk of being sexually assaulted: "being a little less appetizing than before surely minimizes the risks of getting a hand in the ***"
- pretend your weight loss is because you had the coronavirus; having covid-19 is cool and will make you more popular among your friends : "you will take 200 popularity points at once"

Honestly, it's mostly cringeworthy but I can only think of the fiasco this would cause in the US for example!

^That is absolutely awful, did no one think it'd be inappropriate (to say the least)?

^ No idea... btw a few weeks ago I researched all these men who were targeted during #metoo and nothing seemed to have happened to any of them...

I also wanted to mention one the latest issues of French Elle. I'm not sure this is the right thread, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere on TFS.

It has caused a mini controversy online because of the headline on the cover and one of the articles inside, both on the topic of losing the weight gained during the lockdown.

Here is the cover:

twitter french elle
With the headline "Get your body back! How to get your kilos out of lockdown" (rough translation)

And a snap from the article inside:

These are the author's advice for women who lost weight during the lockdown:
- don't feel bad and remember you can never be too skinny: "I remind you of the word of the Duchess of Windsor: 'a woman is never too skinny, never too rich'"
- if you're skinny you are less at risk of being sexually assaulted: "being a little less appetizing than before surely minimizes the risks of getting a hand in the ***"
- pretend your weight loss is because you had the coronavirus; having covid-19 is cool and will make you more popular among your friends : "you will take 200 popularity points at once"

Honestly, it's mostly cringeworthy but I can only think of the fiasco this would cause in the US for example!

WTF???? 'Pretend your weight loss is because you had the virus'? Never knew this is the type of stuff Elle France peddles. :shock:

Wow. That would never, ever fly in US Elle. France often comes across as stuck in the dark ages ... Exhibit B right here.

And having COVID is cool? Really?! A lot of people have been making videos saying they thought it was a conspiracy but got it, thought it was safe to go out but got it ...

This also implies that having been sick is no big deal, just a diet alternative. Amazing from a mainstream publication ...

^ Are you saying this is meant to be satire? It would be in extremely poor taste, no?

Recall, though, how stupid people can be--and also that some have no sense of humor. I myself have found the last 3 years or so extremely enlightening in this regard. Even so, some people still surprise me.

The 'cul' part is a bit disturbing if I imagine someone between 12 and 65 writing that but not so much if I imagine it's a 72 year-old French lady behind it.. it seems to take a certain type of humor and age bracket (I mean, who quotes the Duchess of Windsor).

Reading US Bazaar as a teenager in the early 00s, exposed to all these 'my favorite maid' 'lucky I have small thighs' content, I learned to accept that fashion as we know it (the dumb, commercial, head-to-toe pink, logo-loving consumerist notion of it) does seem to proudly associate itself with 'charmingly ignorant' talk and your ability to discriminate everyone (beginning with your own body) demonstrates your genuine interest in fashion and a capacity to nurture "taste". On varying degrees, this vain line in writing remains in most publications. On the other hand, these teams are not exactly the most academically inclined so it seems we either get the Clueless talk or '10 small brands you can buy to help destroy neoliberalism in fashion' pseudo-woke nonsense. Both are horrendous.

That being said, my cousin (who recovered from covid) said the same thing when I complimented her new look on facetime.. she said her nose is useless now (she still can't smell) but that it's 'so worth it' and offered to come give me a hug. It's not too serious.. (or is it? :brows:).

I read it as satire, although I'm not sure a fashion magazine, any fashion magazine let alone Elle, is any place to try to pull off satire, knowing the intended audience are there to read about fashion and luxury, not Dave Barry columns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->