Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Maybe it's time to start embracing the new guard. So many of the old guard have stomped companies into financial complications. Now PR complications. There are too many liabilities with the old guard. It's not working anymore and it's not like it has been exciting for a while.

Just need to do a totally wipe. Like erasing everything from your hard drive. Let’s be honest, none of these people bring any excitement. Most of these people have held these jobs for years and years. I’m not a 100% fan of cancel culture, but the fashion industry has always been slowly adapting to the rest of the world. I believe it’s because the same people have held these jobs for many many years. So of course nothing new will happen. Why keep these same people on board? Something has to change.

But these people are and have always been like.. the foam in the drink? the superficial, plain, meaningless, commercial face of fashion.. suggesting everyone's going down the drain, or should, makes it sound like Antonio Marras, Dries Van Noten, Sarah Moon are going down with them too :lol:.... smh.. all for f*cking dsquared and sgura haha.. I don't even pay much attention to them but vulgarity doesn't just stop in taste, it's a lifestyle, a mindset, so are we really surprised Sgura can't think thoroughly and has succeeded with the instinct of a primate and not intellect and behaves accordingly? it's not surprising, honestly.. what do people get out of that side of fashion is beyond me.. but, there's more.. it's not all just ~chic and glamorous~ gowns and the people that build worlds around them....

Former model Ashley Mears has a new book out entitled Very Important People about promoters who hire models to appear at restaurants and nightclubs in order to lure men to spend.

Some of these promoters got side jobs at magazines and modeling agencies in order to gain access to models and enhance their bona fides.

I've ordered the book and will report back when i've read it.

Here's a preview in the post.

The party is indeed cringeworthy, at best. I will say, at the very least, I hope every single one of the people who attended and dressed in blackface understands why it was wrong and can/would admit to that. I don't think it is fair to say, cancel Vogue because they hired this photographer GS (has he shot for US Vogue btw?), but people need to wakeup.

I kind of look at it like this at this point...People make mistakes, no one is perfect, and a lot of people are ignorant. If people are willing and able to learn from those mistakes and work toward being better people and not repeating said mistakes, then I am open to giving them another chance.

The party was Disco Africa and while I think what D&G, ADR and the Caten brothers (they are in drag) are wearing wasn’t shocking, if we decides to cancel those who went to that party, Louis Pisano also needs to be cancelled. I don’t care if you are black. You go to the party, you see people mocking you and takes photos because you are « new » to the industry? I know some other people who were at that party and 2 black men particularly. One of them was working in the Prada/MiuMiu offices in Paris and the other one is a Parisian personal trainer. They were defending those looks because they did not see any harm back in 2013.
I hate the fake WOKE stuff. But one thing is that I wouldn’t mind to have Sgura cancelled.

If we decide in 2020 to use that 7years old story against the people who attended that party, it should be everybody. It’s too easy to come and say « I was objectified » when you clearly enjoyed yourself.

What's hilar about that party is that if you go on insta and search thru the #hallowood and #discoafrica hashtags, there are T O N S of original posts that no one bothered to delete or apologize for. I don't see much remorse or willingness to learn lol. I am all for giving second chances and learning from mistakes, but if people REALLY want to move forward, people need to be held accountable and faced with a mirror. Otherwise, no one will understand.

because they did not see any harm back in 2013.
hm right.. well back in those ancient times, it was still so offensive several attendees issued "apologies".. the party had its own, 4-page thread here on tfs... I guess they thought it'd never come back to haunt them lol.. but nothing ever truly goes away if it's on the internet.*

*eta: wait, taking that back.. with enough money it does.. all screenshots of hedi's tweets certainly vanished, same for all traces of isabella blow calling natalia vodianova a gold-digger. :glare:

Last edited:
hm right.. well back in those ancient times, it was still so offensive several attendees issued "apologies".. the party had its own, 4-page thread here on tfs... I guess they thought it'd never come back to haunt them lol.. but nothing ever truly goes away if it's on the internet.*

*eta: wait, taking that back.. with enough money it does.. all screenshots of hedi's tweets certainly vanished, same for all traces of isabella blow calling natalia vodianova a gold-digger. :glare:

What were those Hedi tweets about...a curious mind wants to know

What were those Hedi tweets about...a curious mind wants to know
his 2012 twitter meltdown, remember? it remained all over twitter even after he removed it and someone screenshot and quoted every tweet somewhere between page 13 and 12 of this thread, but they silently vanished one day, along with the discussion (whoever did it failed at removing all of it, you can even see Spike's quoted post but not the actual post :lol:). A part of me thinks that's just good PR but.. never underestimate the devotion of Hedi Slimane fans.. they'd hard delete that at no cost.

^ :lol: nooo I completely blocked out ~the letter~ all these years! I did not want to be reminded of that.. it always gave me major second-hand embarrassment..

I wonder if he did read the Bill Blass book, sounded like he would never in the tweet but sounds like he ‘might’ do it in the letter..

his 2012 twitter meltdown, remember? it remained all over twitter even after he removed it and someone screenshot and quoted every tweet somewhere between page 13 and 12 of this thread, but they silently vanished one day, along with the discussion (whoever did it failed at removing all of it, you can even see Spike's quoted post but not the actual post :lol:). A part of me thinks that's just good PR but.. never underestimate the devotion of Hedi Slimane fans.. they'd hard delete that at no cost.

It is all coming back to me!

^^^ LOL @the accusation of POC whom are critical and don’t immediately jump on the woke bandwagon as being self-loathing/self-hating. It’s exactly because some POC still experience discrimination and outright racism and don’t want to do this to others that we are critical of wokeness. You know, treat others as you’d like to be treated, comes to mind. The mindset that it’s a ”day of reckoning” only causes more division/inequality/oppression and a resentment that will continue this stupid, vicious cycle of us vs them.

While I agree with most things that WillRoss said, I can also can also see where Phuel is coming from. I’m not a POC, so I truly have no understanding of what life is like for a POC. I have absolutely no right to be frustrated with POC of color if they are not with the wokeness. The fashion industry as a whole has always been an elite ran world. It’s not welcoming unless you know someone important. I’m speaking from my own experience here. I never had the thick skin to really survive fashion. But also at times feel it’s completely terrible that one has to have a thick skin in order to be apart of that world. Add being a POC, LGBTQIA on top of that, I can not fathom what that is like. The fashion industry needs a complete overhaul. It’s absolutely disgusting and saddening to see the same things go on year after year.

^ :lol: nooo I completely blocked out ~the letter~ all these years! I did not want to be reminded of that.. it always gave me major second-hand embarrassment..

Perhaps it's the lack of Helvetica the reason why it didn't register as a Hedi Slimane ~statement. :lol:

I guess everything that goes online stays there forever, I managed to find the original Twitter meltdown, 22 tweets of all caps verbal diarrhea! (on Highsnobiety of all places, apologies in advance to anyone accessing)

^ That's a pretty high standard of extremist. I get that vibe from fashion only very occasionally (but I'm by no means fully immersed), and usually not from tFS. If someone somewhere is measuring humanity in fashion, it would be interesting to know if Karl's departure for the other side had any impact.

Yes was going to say, I remember very well that we all considered the party pretty offensive at the time, it is not like this is just woke cancel culture. The party was always shocking. It never really surprised me though - being Italian I find Italy to be one of the most racist countries there is. I am not sure many Italians would even see a problem with these photos today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->