Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

I understand and my response in any way was not meant to sympathize with him. I was just pointing out that his identity may have played a part in how the story wasn’t as widely reported. Who knows? Maybe the powers that be in the fashion industry thought that it would tarnish the artificially constructed image of “diversity” or “inclusivity” had they ended Wang’s career right away. The industry’s responses to these mistreatments in the end, not just regarding Wang’s, really came into play around the time #MeToo and #TimesUp gained traction.

I don't think diversity and race is even a part of it. It's not like Alexander Wang ever had diverse castings and his model squad has never been diverse. He seems self loathing in a way to be honest.

The reason why this never gained traction is because he is or was the coolest kid in the industry and everyone wanted to be a part of it. It's the cool crowd versus the straight edge kids and nerds. "Those are losers and nobodies" Why else do you think the industry gatekeepers go through mental gymnastics to convince people to pay $300 USD for a loose fitting cotton t-shirt or $3000k USD for a generic polyester jacket? People are brainwashed and wouldn't dare disobey their masters.

I don't think diversity and race is even a part of it. It's not like Alexander Wang ever had diverse castings and his model squad has never been diverse. He seems self loathing in a way to be honest.

The reason why this never gained traction is because he is or was the coolest kid in the industry and everyone wanted to be a part of it. It's the cool crowd versus the straight edge kids and nerds. "Those are losers and nobodies" Why else do you think the industry gatekeepers go through mental gymnastics to convince people to pay $300 USD for a loose fitting cotton t-shirt or $3000k USD for a generic polyester jacket? People are brainwashed and wouldn't dare disobey their masters.

In the years where he helmed Balenciaga, I can imagine his “cool kid” persona might have made the industry compromise his behavior but I thought ever since he got sacked, his business continued to decline? Especially when the likes of Virgil and Wang’s successor Demna started to get more recognition. He didn’t have the protection of Kerring either so that should’ve made his history of assaults more widely known. Whatever the reason is, there are definitely some enablers. I’d like to know more about his current investors.

So it went mainstream, thank God! Now we'll get to the bottom of this. And to the ones looking for a bone, when I say 'get to the bottom of this' it doesn't mean that I don't believe the victims. It just means that someone credible will start investigating it now.

Gergin actually touched on some valid points but it doesn't or shouldn't excuse his behaviour. I recall reading sometime around all the excitement of his first Vogue cover that a newspaper (or Vogue?) accidentally outed him to his parents. He's such a textbook example of 'too much too soon'. Michelle Obama, the Vogue cover, a successful signature brand, Balenciaga, even more success after that. All of that came with a lifestyle. And where is he now? Nearly washed up and not even 40.

So it went mainstream, thank God! Now we'll get to the bottom of this. And to the ones looking for a bone, when I say 'get to the bottom of this' it doesn't mean that I don't believe the victims. It just means that someone credible will start investigating it now.

Gergin actually touched on some valid points but it doesn't or shouldn't excuse his behaviour. I recall reading sometime around all the excitement of his first Vogue cover that a newspaper (or Vogue?) accidentally outed him to his parents. He's such a textbook example of 'too much too soon'. Michelle Obama, the Vogue cover, a successful signature brand, Balenciaga, even more success after that. All of that came with a lifestyle. And where is he now? Nearly washed up and not even 40.

AKA Lindsay Lohan. It's kinda sad to see people who are blinded by fame and fortune at young age always end up with the same fate.

With Wang about to be out of the picture, American fashion scene only get grimier. Almost every designers of his times are fading into oblivion. Jason Wu is no longer relevant because his focus is somewhere else. Altuzarrais having an identity crisis in Paris and think having a split on the thigh is his signature. Proenza Scchouler is enjoy being a carbon copy of Phoebe. Having Vogue approved is clearly not enough to secured a long lasting career. CFDA about to end up giving another awards to Tom Ford and The Row :rofl:.

Reading some of the accounts of his assaults, this mediocre twink clearly chose to downplay consent among gay men because of how openly sexual some of us tend to get, and sadly, this kind of mentality is still very prevalent as I myself once got molested during a cruising experience because the guy thought that when you did cruising, you were open for any sexual advances from literally anyone. On top of that, the countless attempts at spiking drinks should’ve granted him longevity in jail. I’m not familiar with the law in the US regarding r*pe or sexual assault but some countries are unfortunately still very backwards when it comes to the aforementioned law as they only charge the criminal if they perform penetration.

Only semi mainstream at this point IMO. The WWD article is very sympathetic and I notice all other outlets being very cautious also. Celebs are pulling away quietly - for example Reese deleted her loving comment about him on Zoe's bday post, Karen Elson commented on DP's post and that was liked by models such as Natalia and Lindsey W but they didn't like the actual post (presumably out of caution). No one is actually calling him out yet and I wouldn't say it is all over the news.

Agree with you he is washed up - hard to see anyone wanting to attend his next show.

And where did I said that you sympathize with him?

I said that in your post about Shia La Bouef you explicitly condemn people who sympathize with bullies in any way. Which means: any words, any arguments....anything-that would make a predator look like a victim (which people tendt to do, for some unknown reason). In your post about Shia LaBaeouf you say that there is always someone wiling to put the “mental illness” argument .... but all of a sudden here comes the word “marginalized” ... even by trying to explain the media silence. What I wanted to tell you is that there is discrepancy in your posts.

The fact remains that a potential predator is suddenly int he same sentence with the word "marginalized" (absolute no need for it). Then there is the conclusion that he is marginalized (which in the end is your conclusion ....not of the media)...and cherry on top- he is marginalized by who else than white people. The whole sentence sounds relativazing either as a explanation for his misbehaviour or as a explanation for the media silence.

Would like to know what criteria you took into account when you put him in the “ marginalized category“ . Does it happen automatically by being an Asian, or does it happen automatically when you are a minority in a white majority, or some third reason or you have some insider info that he was marginalized.
Judging by his output in the recent years, I would say that he managed to maintain a pretty good status in New York in relation what he offered .
Judging byhis online escapades he had... Getting gigs at major fashionh houses with only 29 years, with his fabulous expertise.... Surely the predominantly white industry was doing their best to marginalize him.. The life of a marginalized person looks a bit different, I would say. His on the other hand looks like the life of a privileged person . He came quite far for a person with modest talent and dubious behaviour.

There were a dozens of better and more compelling reasons why there was media silence. But it is interesting that this one... in where the media “ apparently“ sees him as a victim of a industry he works for-as the most convincing one! Strange thing to think that the ENTIRE media would give a r*pist a discount just for being Asian or because he was apparently marginalized in an industry made up mostly of whites and continue to remain silent about his alleged rapes .Though in some part of the media his identity would surely have played a role in not disclosing knowledge of his alleged predatory actions. The very same media that would do the best to build a narrative if the r*pist were the “right one

Michelle Obama? Are you confusing him with Jason Wu? Michelle wore Jason Wu at her inauguration. Jason is arguably a better designer but doesn't have a cool boy party boy reputation.

Alexander's behavior is not the result of the industry pressures. It's is not fame gone to his head. He has been a Regina George since his high school days.

He was probably bullied by other boys for being gay as a kid. He sought refuge with packs of girls especially since the "popular" girls accepted him. He was part of the popular mean girl crew in high school and he never grew out of that mentality. He brought that high school popular mean girl party boy thing into his adult world and business. That was such a big part of his brand dna: downtown Regina George on mdma. And literally everyone wanted to be a part of that party so they swept things under the rug. The thing is that at this stage in their adult life, drug and alcohol addiction and parties just don't age well. The models in his model squad peaked at 18 or 21 and dropped out of middle school or high school and have drug addiction..so cool so cool.

At least they have money and each other to tell themselves that they are so cool, so smart, so relevant and better than everyone else in their overpriced loose fitting cotton t sh*t and black boots.

The fact remains that a potential predator is suddenly int he same sentence with the word "marginalized" (absolute no need for it). Then there is the conclusion that he is marginalized (which in the end is your conclusion ....not of the media)...and cherry on top- he is marginalized by who else than white people. The whole sentence sounds relativazing either as a explanation for his misbehaviour or as a explanation for the media silence.

Would like to know what criteria you took into account when you put him in the “ marginalized category“ . Does it happen automatically by being an Asian, or does it happen automatically when you are a minority in a white majority, or some third reason or you have some insider info that he was marginalized.
Judging by his output in the recent years, I would say that he managed to maintain a pretty good status in New York in relation what he offered .
Judging byhis online escapades he had... Getting gigs at major fashionh houses with only 29 years, with his fabulous expertise.... Surely the predominantly white industry was doing their best to marginalize him.. The life of a marginalized person looks a bit different, I would say. His on the other hand looks like the life of a privileged person . He came quite far for a person with modest talent and dubious behaviour.

There were a dozens of better and more compelling reasons why there was media silence. But it is interesting that this one... in where the media “ apparently“ sees him as a victim of a industry he works for-as the most convincing one! Strange thing to think that the ENTIRE media would give a r*pist a discount just for being Asian or because he was apparently marginalized in an industry made up mostly of whites and continue to remain silent about his alleged rapes .Though in some part of the media his identity would surely have played a role in not disclosing knowledge of his alleged predatory actions. The very same media that would do the best to build a narrative if the r*pist were the “right one

It's pretty clear that the media has no problem dragging predators of all kinds. For example, the media went hard on Michael Jackson in the 90's despite the celebrity friends and cult like fandom. Chris Brown was cancelled. The resistance is clearly with money and power not race. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. People with businesses on the decline are easier to take down. If they haven't had that number one hit in a while. But if they are rich and pulling strings then it's different.

Predators come in all colors: White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Grey, Orange and Tiger Stripe.

Some people on here are implying that race, appearances, and status has nothing to do with the media attention Alexander Wang has gained out of this situation when is definitely does. For crying out loud people, it's the United States....US of A. The same country that thought having Donald Trump as a president was a good decision :shock:.

I am not defending Alexander Wang by any regards and like any logical, liberal-minded Canadian I think Alexander deserves significant jail time or other means of punishment that a proper law-abiding country would allow. But again, the laws and politics of America are so...bizarre.

I said that in your post about Shia La Bouef you explicitly condemn people who sympathize with bullies in any way. Which means: any words, any arguments....anything-that would make a predator look like a victim (which people tendt to do, for some unknown reason). In your post about Shia LaBaeouf you say that there is always someone wiling to put the “mental illness” argument .... but all of a sudden here comes the word “marginalized” ... even by trying to explain the media silence. What I wanted to tell you is that there is discrepancy in your posts.

My usage of the word “marginalized” has no intention to paint him as a victim in any way. If you decided to receive it that way, then we have a different interpretation. Yes, he is privileged. He has a lot of enablers and ***-kissers who would raise his status as god-tier perhaps. I simply tried to offer a point of view that maybe, just maybe the powers that be in fashion didn’t want to tarnish their artificially constructed image of diversity or inclusivity as I mentioned in my post to theBlueRider. Let’s face it, how many people of Asian descent got to helm an esteemed fashion house like Balenciaga for instance? I don’t even need my point of view to be validated. If many of you find it wrong, then so be it. It baffles me how you compared all of that to what I wrote on the Shia thread as if I just committed a double standard just because I’m also Asian. All over the usage of the word “marginalized”.

Some people on here are implying that race, appearances, and status has nothing to do with the media attention Alexander Wang has gained out of this situation when is definitely does. For crying out loud people, it's the United States....US of A. The same country that thought having Donald Trump as a president was a good decision :shock:.

I am not defending Alexander Wang by any regards and like any logical, liberal-minded Canadian I think Alexander deserves significant jail time or other means of punishment that a proper law-abiding country would allow. But again, the laws and politics of America are so...bizarre.

I believe that Alexander's money and power has more to do with shielding him from the media picking up the story.

Being a gay Asian man makes him an easier target for the media to take him down since being gay and being Asian are still controversial. You know that the media profited big time by giving Donald Trump exposure especially his rants about different people? Gay guys and Asian guys don't exactly have any favors with mainstream media.

It would be even harder to expose this kind of story if Alexander Wang was more like a Mitt Romney persona.

Gosh. I thought Jeremy Scott would've been caught up in such a scandal before this one. From sending a frightened-looking, barely legal model down the runway in skimpy undies & exposed pubes, to spying on a young boy thru a peep-hole in some stupid movie, he just has "sketchwad" written all over his face, IMO.

Fashion is a popular aesthetic expression at a particular period and place and in a specific context, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup, hairstyle, and body proportions.
The fashion industry consists of four levels: the production of raw materials, principally fibres and textiles but also leather and fur; the production of fashion goods by designers, manufacturers, contractors, and others; retail sales; and various forms of advertising and promotion.

Gosh. I thought Jeremy Scott would've been caught up in such a scandal before this one. From sending a frightened-looking, barely legal model down the runway in skimpy undies & exposed pubes, to spying on a young boy thru a peep-hole in some stupid movie, he just has "sketchwad" written all over his face, IMO.
Noticed a few comments saying Jeremy and Marc are next. Not sure if any truth to that.

The Dsquared2 brothers are even worse. The way they interact with male models... yuck. I find nearly impossible that nothing inappropriate (or even criminal) happened at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->