Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2010 : Madonna by Steven Klein

robster16

Reaction score
Madonna shot by Steven Klein features in the new Dolce & Gabbana ad campaign inspired by Italian Neorealism cinema.

In the Vanity Fair Italy feature, Stefano Gabbana discusses the campaign and why Madonna was the perfect match: "She loved the collection," he says, "...she is passionate and impressively knowledgeable about Italian cinema," (Monica is Vitti her favourite actress and we see the resemblance)."

When asked as to whether Madonna knows how to wash dishes, Stefano Gabbana replies "Certainly...she's a very practical woman..." And does she actually eat spaghetti despite her most enviable figure? "Of course, says Stefano, and she can allow herself too with all the exercise she does!"

source: swide.com

Attachments

• madonna710x305.jpg
    madonna710x305.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
  • MadonnaVFInside1.jpg
    MadonnaVFInside1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 96
  • MadonnaVFInside2.jpg
    MadonnaVFInside2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 77
  • MadonnaVFInside3.jpg
    MadonnaVFInside3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
Mm, I quite like it. Not that Madonna is a perfect choice, but she looks good (apart from some of her facial expressions) and fits the theme.

Ergh this is so kitsch. The concept is so not Steven Klein; it is very Steven Meisel. Doesn't it remind you a little of the Missoni Fall 2008 campaign? The whole glamour-at-home aesthetic?

Besides, this looks very editorial and it bothers me. Steven Klein will never be able to capture the Dolce&Gabbana aesthetic like Meisel did, let alone capture the allure of Italian neorealistic cinema. Major fail.

^ I have to agree with whay you said about Klein.
I cannot believe that I actually like it :shock:

Those are the actual ads already? Better than her last LV ad although nothing special.

I wasnt too excited when i heard Madonna was gonna be in the ads but I have to say I love it, she really fits the collection and look amazing in the clothes, i love the kitschy theme it reminds me of some of my fav ads they did with Gisele in 99-00

here are larger versions, coming from the same source as the original post: swide.com

Attachments

• MadonnaVGGallery1.jpg
    MadonnaVGGallery1.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 66
  • MadonnaVGGallery2.jpg
    MadonnaVGGallery2.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 56
  • MadonnaVGGallery3.jpg
    MadonnaVGGallery3.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Is that it??!!?? Well, I actually like it. :heart: I think it looks great and Madonna suits well in the collection. Love the concept though I ave to agree with what helmut.newton have said regarding the comparison of this one to Missoni's F/W 08 campaign. Plus it really looks Meisel to me, not by Klein. I just think what if Meisel lensed these one??? :smile: Thanks for posting robster16! :flower:

the article says the campaign is inspired by Monica Vitti and Sicily.. i like it :smile:

and it says those are images from the campaign presented exclusively

Why don't just hire Meisel himself if you wan tot recreate one of his early b/w 90s ads.

First reaction was "Oh no, Madonna, not again (referring those terrible LV ads)", but more I look at it, the more I like it. To me its fresh and somehow cozy, not that I would always use that word with Dolce & Gabbana.

BONES I'm Having trouble too believing this is the Campaign , its too editorial for me with her washing dishes

Never thought I'd say this (either about Dolce campaugn or Madonna) but I love it. I like the theme and Madonna just goes along with it well.

Is that it? Just a big MADONNA there? From LOUIS VUITTON to DOLCE & GABBANA? This celebrity really knows how to snag a campaign

But,I have to admit that this ad is NICE. She looks Natural, beautiful.

srsly i don't really see where's the problem.
yes this is the campain. so what ? just check the campain with Gisele (one of the best of Dolce for the 2000s - with italian famiglia e la pasta etc.) ...

but as Mikel and some, I wonder why they did hire Steven Klein ... Nothing of his "touch" is really there ....

I pretty much like it.

I'm wondering what the menswear campain will look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->