Dolce & Gabbana Menswear F/W 09.10 by Steven Klein

This thread made The Cut!!! lol here's the link-http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/06/did_jesus_luz_ruin_the_fall_20.html

Haha, I like how they quoted the negative comments from tFS :rofl:
I just noticed that Jesus's head coloring doesn't match the body :shock:

I'm starting to hate D&G and Steven Klein for making me completely immune and jaded towards men with great bodies and situations with homoerotic undertones.

like the ad, love david, dont like jesus, like everyone else said he looks completly out of place

I swear i laughed out loud when i saw this ad, it came as a natural reaction.Oh my, Jesus looks bad, beyond bad with that haircut, wtf!

oh COME ON, people!

everyone's such a snob! haha. the only reason why everybody's hating on Jesus is because he's gotten famous as Madonna's boy-toy. if he were just some random model, i absolutely guarantee that people wouldn't be going on about "that model on the right side of the ad is just ruining it altogether!"

it's laughable!

**anyway, the ad is nothing new. it's like the same recycled idea over and over. but it must be selling, or they wouldn't keep on doing it. i'm glad to see EVA in the campaign, though. i wonder if she'll get the womens?

nothing new for Dolce & Gabbana:rolleyes: although Jesus' hair did make me laugh

if he were just some random model, i absolutely guarantee that people wouldn't be going on about "that model on the right side of the ad is just ruining it altogether!"

If he wasn't Madonna's toy-boy he wouldn't be in this campaign, so there wouldn't be a problem either.

jesus ruins the ad, looks like they just plastered him there to please Madonna

I'm starting to hate D&G and Steven Klein for making me completely immune and jaded towards men with great bodies and situations with homoerotic undertones.

uhh, that is all what he seems to do for D&G.

It feels like some of those action movies so loaded with action scenes taht you become immune afterwards and do not even get excited to see a shot that did perhaps cost like millions to make. D&G and Klein are so repetitive, these campaigns lost their relevance and potency. :blink:

On the other hand, I KNEW that Madonna would do this!!!!!!!! :lol: I had said on this guy's thread weeks ago: she would find a way to make his dear friends D&G put him in their campaign since these two are two of the few designers she is close with who would work with a model like Jesus Luz. The other people would be Donatella and Marc, but I do not see him working for Versace nor LV... ever. Maybe an edgy Teller shot for MJ, but even that is unlikely. Maybe one for that cancer/t-shirt campaign???

Domenico and Stefano REALLY love her.

oh COME ON, people!
everyone's such a snob! haha. the only reason why everybody's hating on Jesus is because he's gotten famous as Madonna's boy-toy.
To be honest I really don't mind whose toy-boy is he. But i don't think he could get the campaign if he isn't Madonna's boy. He just stands here and looks into the lenses, doesn't show any talent. :ninja: /Btw i dislike his crucifix/cross in ad. That's not the best place for being religious.../

i'm glad to see EVA in the campaign, though. i wonder if she'll get the womens?
That's not impossible. She atteneded a lot with Stefano and Domenico in the near past. (sorry if it's an offtopic) ^_^

This is a bit bigger pic.

wwd.com

I wonder what my lovely Noah does in the background. Plays a manager or stands like an antique sculpture? Whatever happens, he is always handsome in the D&G's ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noah is great.

What is up with the hair btw. He really looks like a South American Jesus.

David... does he have any other pose? It is the same facial expression every time I see him. He is the Larry King of male models.

It is also lame how little clothing we get to see in this one.

If there was one thing that was consistently successful with these Klein shots, it was how much gorgeous clothing in detail we always used to see. They worked as ads really effectively.

Not this one though.

Meh, typical mens Dolce & Gabbana ad, nothing revolutionary.

It's not Jezus who ruins the shot is his HAIR :sick::lol:...and the way he stares...the other models look good.

bad campaign overall.

Sure, his eyes are a little empty, it's unclear what the hell is going on with his hair, and there is a distracting, abrupt difference in color between his neck and the rest of his body.
But it's Jesus! And he's "friends" with Madonna! And sometimes that's enough.
ny post thingy - link posted page bfore

and sometimes logic makes no sense to me ....

but that's maybe this sort of logic that pollutes our world with soooo many useless people (yes i'm talking about the new royalty in fashion magazines - and much more people, too !)

i think Jesus looked great and sexy in his W spread - but I'm sorry there it's just not possible !

and I truly think the other main (unconscient) reason why this ad makes nothing to me but just vomit is :
- though i cannot wait to see Steven Klein EY! spread - horny !

It used to be reputation reputation reputation.

Now it is connections connections connections... Madonna cannot even keep her own relevance intact. It is funny to see that she tries way too hard to make this guy 'happen.'

If he wasn't Madonna's toy-boy he wouldn't be in this campaign, so there wouldn't be a problem either.
But it was Steven Klein who booked him for the W spread... And I guess he had a say in who will star in this campaign, so perhaps he would have booked Jesus even if he wasn't involved with Madonna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->