Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2010 : Madonna by Steven Klein

This looks like spread with Monica Bellucci where she was cooking. Would have been perfect.

Sadly Madonna messed with her face too much. There's this permanent bloat.

correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the screaming dolce&gabbana spirit the main reason for criticism of previous d&g campaigns? i do feel this step aside is actually a step forward.

Ummm, I never said it wasn't. That's precisely what I miss. ^_^

i really like the feel of the ad, but Madonnas face :sick:
The pics actually look like outtakes or something, like she is waiting to be shot.... there is something missing in her eyes.
in the S/S Vuitton ads, her eyes were more focused or something....
overall it is not as bad as i thought!^_^

Is too diferent on this season than previous seasons & she looks better in the F/W of LV.

These ads would look right at home in Better Homes & Gardens, Bon Appetit, and Good Housekeeping Magazines...lol

i just love that dolce and gabbana AND madonna embrace their larger than life public personas with such a since of caprice and humor. seriously, i'm happy that this isn't another madonna campaign or another dolce and gabbana campaign because both are a bit tired. this madonna not only highlights her ability to completely transform herself -- this is the most radical change i've seen since the dennis rodman/nose ring madonna -- but also the ability of dolce and gabbana to be sexy and italian in a COMPLETELY different way than in years past. this isn't the anna della russo version of dolce and gabbana we've seen in past years, but the real deal. it's a celebration of something more real which so perfectly suits our times.

also, it's fitting that madonna looked SO artificial in vuitton and so REAL here....:innocent:

@Breathless - Exactly!!! This simply does not look like a fashion campaign.

I don't like it. I loved Madonna's latest LV campaign and I usually like D&G campaigns, but this concept just doesn't work for me.

Im in love w madonna
i'd say this campaign suits her better for her age, it's sexier, and more real than those awful from LV
Im loving the mama cooking in sicily feeling
that's what dolce should aim every season!

I like the whole idea of the campaign and monotone, it's matching their collection well.
But Madonna....:( I like her, but she's not good here.
I agree who said it's quite bad photography. Klein disappointed me. I want Meisel's work.

Im in love w madonna
i'd say this campaign suits her better for her age, it's sexier, and more real than those awful from LV
Im loving the mama cooking in sicily feeling
that's what dolce should aim every season!

Now that you mention it, while I've never been entirely sold on the concept or the model, it is kind of befitting that they would choose an older model given both the look of the collection and the setting of the photographs themselves. She is an appropriate choice, even if I'm a tad neutral on the final results.

probably the best dolce ad (but not amazing)of the past few years since they use klein

This campaign and collection takes D&G back to their roots; this is what Dolce&Gabbana looked like in the nineties, unlike the overly sexy raunchy ads they've been doing for the past ten years.

she looks great but to me she doesnt fit the Dolce & Gabbana asthetic and her facial expressions seem off

^ Thanks for HQ. I can't wait to see this in print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->