Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2015 by Domenico Dolce

I find many editorials featuring Dolce&Gabbana collection are far more interesting and campaign worthy than their actual campaign. (Why so many black space?)

Yes, I must say that their clothes still look pretty good in edits and I am sort of looking forward to seeing the matador pieces in both mens'/womens' stories, as kitsch as they are.

I must say that I quite like the lighting and the composition of these shots, it's far less crowded than some of the recent campaigns. However D&G simply need to step away from the camera. I would even welcome Lagerfeld...perhaps even Tyra (oh wait...she's actually somewhat good) as replacement shutterbugs for their campaigns at this rate.

I like it a lot just because it's a huge improvement from anything they did in recent years. The difference is in the minimal background which creates a nice contrast with the heavy 'cultural' Spanish references.

Nice campaign...at least you can 'read' the story. Beautiful girls, the 5th shoot (#14) is very elegant :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great casting, but yet, another repeat of past campaigns.

Those shoots with no more than 3 people are amazing Not much blank space Minimum impact of too dramatic lighting And the warmth happiness ease that DG campaigns aim to project are well captured

Much better than last season but still not exciting enough for advertising. I do find the shots of the older women refreshing though! Overall, the campaigns turn out to be as stale as the collections.

Lovely campaign, but I find it very empty, so much white in the background, if they would have shoot in a village it would have been so much better looking

blanca :clap: she is perfect

bianca balti is a bit tired now..i think the stills came out much better than the video

I like it. The addition of shadow is beautiful.
Irina and Blanca <33

The campaign is ok, but i'm so boring to see that kind of clothes, since S/S 2010?...

The idea is not bad, but the execution is really bad, looks like another predictable campaign from Dolce & Gabbana, they really need a photographer back, Domenico Dolce is just not a good photographer (or photographer at all),
The same every season: Bianca and some unknown random models, same hair, same makeup, clothes, concept, exaggerated poses. Bring Steven Klein or Meisel back!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting some Sicilian mess per usual when I read the title of the thread but I love the result. The casts are amazing. I don't mind they're replacing the usual Dolce boys (Arthur, Noah etc) with these good looking guys, and the female casts are also fit the theme really well. I love the warmth and sexiness that projected really well. This time, they're not overdone the campaign.

I thought we were in 2014. Apparently not in D&G's world though

Lovely campaign, but I find it very empty, so much white in the background, if they would have shoot in a village it would have been so much better looking

Exactly my point. It actually looks very 'cold' because of all the white and empty space. See what happens when an inferior photographer heads a campaign? I see the guys and girls are jumping, dancing, people looking cheerful, and yet the end result still look so composed. The accessories shot is the best as it's cropped and the old women are very cute. I look at this campaign with different eyes probably since I'm not Spanish or Med - it just doesnt resonate to me at all. Looks so costume-ey, clichèed and removed. I hope this Spanish fling isnt going to be a recurring theme for forthcoming collections. These two are known to beat a dead horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this campaign! The play of shadows is cool and gives an eerie feel to the whole campaign. I also like the use of mature women together with the perfect models. Giving the whole brand credibility and depth.

Wow where have I been? I didn't know Domenico was a photographer or photographed the campaigns. So happy to see Blanca:heart:, she's perfect, especially seeing she's Spanish so she fits the whole Spanish theme perfectly. I get that Bianca is a favorite, but it's time to get rid of her. She does go well with the theme though.

I don't know if it's because of all the white space and the lighting, but the photos hurt my eyes.

I don't even want to think how bad most of fashion campaigns must be that people are seeing this as something good. :ninja: I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->