Dolce & Gabbana F/W 08.09 : Caroline, Jessica and Lily by Steven Klein

the eyewear shots are stunning

I really like this campaign, especially the one featuring the gowns - beautiful!:heart:
I am going to fly in the face of popular opinion though:P, and say that although i'm not a fan of any of them, Stam is by far my favourite here, with Lily in 2nd looking a little blank, and Caroline last - she seems the odd one out to me.

bleh. something about the male pics scream "HORRIBLE PHOTOSHOP". oh, and "CUT. PASTE."

Ok, I thought I was the only one :lol:. Somehow though it manages to be more creepy and interesting rather than amateur. I may change my mind by tomorrow though.

Eyewear ads are yuck. Honestly, Caroline is a gorgeous girl, there's no need to be so heavy-handed with the airbrushing to suit the campaign's look.

Oh, I like this. Very good. I find that all of the models, at times, can look a lot like androids, but they all look fab here.

I love it! :clap: I love everything about it, the models, the mood, the colors, the big gowns, the setting. Everything is sensational. :heart:

i think this is way too static and overphotoshopped. this plastic staged feeling seems to be really outdated now. but it's dolce&gabbana. should we expect more?

I like this, but the only shot I really LOVE is the evening gowns one. It's STUNNING!

Stam looks kind of bad though... And Lily steals the show for me, she looks incredible...

Caroline did an okay job, but she looks terrible in the eyewear ads...

I do not like this specific group of models. It's really unoriginal and almost overdone to have these signature blondes. :yuk:

Lily owns this, the other 2 just looks redundant. I am so over Stam, everything she shoots these days is blah.

I think it's great that these ads make their collection for fall look good. Because the last time i saw their collection, it wasn't as great as pictured in these ads.

I LOOOVEE it! :buzz: Fantastic cast (I miss Gemma here, though..) and I love the shade, it gives a great atmosfphere :heart:

And the pic with girls in the gowns is just heaven! :crush:

I'm sorry, I just think this campaign is hideous and I'm dreading seeing it in every magazine come fall....

First of all, the collection was bad to begin with.
Secondly, what's with the eerie atmosphere...I'm all for dark and dreary, but with this collection....?
Thirdly, Stam looks positively hideous...lowest point of her career, if you ask me.
Fourthly, all the girls look like cheap mannequins at Macy's.

I just can't stand these ads.

I love the lighting, the colors, the detail, and I think the clothing looks great. Some shots are very cool (Lily D holding arm, girls walking dog)

But I agree, the girls are indistinguishable from one another (which might be intentional, but doesn't look so good) and look far too mannequin-y and plastic (again, might be the style they were going for in this campaign, but I think it's ill-suited for the collection.)

Overall, I like it. Over-retouched, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->