Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture1-23.png

ebay

Anyone ever search Edie on imdb or other places and find that she's in a film called "The Queen (1968)?" Apparently Edie and Andy were judges in this documentary about Drag Queens. I decided to check it out a few years ago. The documentary is absolutely fascinating and entertaining, but I could not see Edie anywhere. So remembering reading that Edie and Andy weren't friends after 1966 (later I found out that they remained in contact through her time in NY) I just thought well maybe it's a mistake on the film-makers part...

I found this in a book called A grand guy: the art and life of Terry Southern By Lee Hill

5lBmP.png

So I guess she was there, just not on the film :/

ok so i absolutely adore edie and the entire factory scene. i think i was born 40 years too late. but the main reason why i'm on this thread is because i'm good friends with gerard and am currently working on a project with him. so far we're working with about 12 hours of recorded interviews between us but there needs to be more and i want to get questions from you girls, the people out there probably most similar to me and the people who are probably as eager as i am to get answers about everything andy edie and gerard. so just let me know anything you'd want to know, and i have lots of questions for all of you as well. i promise this isn't some sort of scam...

xx

ME TOO. i'm dying for someone to some day just release an entire portfolio of edie pictures that haven't been seen before. she was so social, there must be so many people with photos of her in their personal collections. i hope so anyway

Yes, Zodiacs, could you post some pictures if you can? I would be eternally gratefull :P and I'm sure a lot of other people would be too.
A lot of her clothes must of been destroyed in her fires.
I need to think of some questions.

Edie's niece said a lot of her clothes went to Goodwill and some to her family.

Zodiacsmyfreak, Helloooo! How cool that you are working with Gerard. I taught Stein's "Edie" in my biography course (at college) last spring, and I will be teaching it again in the Spring of 2012. The majority of the students had never heard of Edie. Some even thought of her like an early Paris Hilton! :shock::yuk:

Anyhow, a couple of questions:

1. What sets Edie apart from girls like Paris Hilton, who also were born into wealth and have tried various forays into the entertainment world (I have my own ideas, of course, but what does Gerard say? Since he knew her!). I would love to have a response that I could even read to the students, if it's okay with you guys.

2. What happened to the footage of Edie's appearance on "The Tonight Show." I am sure I read that she appeared on it, but I have never seen the interview. in fact, I'd love to see more candid footage of Edie, not behind Warhol's camera, but elsewhere, and just in the world.

3. And of course - more photos would be great. Of her artwork, of her modeling, of her younger years, pre-Factory.

4. A lot of my students felt that Warhol was a sadist and that he is to "blame", at least in part, for Edie's ultimate demise. What would Gerard say to that?

5. What does he think of the film "Factory Girl"?

Cheers, thanks, :flower: lovely to hear from someone touching Edie from a distance. :heart: her. I have the youthquaker 1968 Vogue with her in it. I searched high and low until I found it. Cherish.

gorgeous gifs, thanks! and not plain jane, your questions are great - i'd love to know what gerard has to say about them :flower:

You know what I've always thought would be awesome? An exhibition of her artwork. Does anyone know if any of it is still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stksbnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->