Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember there was a showing of it at I think it was the Carnegie museum of Pittsburgh or MOMA... A few years ago when Edie became mainstream through Factory Girl. I didn't see it, but I remember reading that it had her artwork, so it is somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be amazing! I hope they do it again someday! There needs to be an Edie museum...

i think i will be spending a week or so at gerards later in the summer so ill see what i can get for you girls

There are some people who believe that Edie drew her mole on. I honestly didn't think this was an issue. It's ridiculous! I was trying to think of the reason why people who think this. There is a scene from Factory Girl where Sienna Miller is getting ready for a "paw-tee" is drawing her mole on in the mirror. I have been dispelling many of these odd little rumors about her since this movie came out... it's so annoying.

I assumed she was just darkening it in the movie. but then there a million things from factory girl people take as true!

I feel like that movie really ruined the legacy of Edie. Things feel so different now in that regard, like it just sucked out all of the air from the whole Sixties scene...maybe it's just me, but it feels like it's been emptied.
-I'll always love Edie

could not agree more. does anyone know how i could see the girl on fire film? is it even out yet/ever coming out??

New Edie pic!

2wbykd1.jpg

Source: http://****yeahwarholfactory.tumblr.com

Welcome to the board, Zodiac! If you can, I would love it if you asked Gerard what his fondest memories of Edie were, and if he could recall conversations they had together or anything Edie said to him that stood out. It would also be fascinating if Gerard could tell us something about Edie that seemed uncharacteristic of her popular image or would surprise many of her fans. I love seeing new sides and angles to the enigma that was Edie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not. At first i thought it was Sienna but it doesn't look like her either.

If it isn't Edie it's definitely a fantastic impersonator. The picture quality especially looks very 60's to me. The part that tells me it might be fake is the ears - Edie's were larger than that of the girl in the picture.

I can tell by the nose because Edie's was more sloped. It is a really great impersonater! Especially the makeup.

Many people confuse that picture with Edie. It is a good try I admit!

I've never seen these photos before:

onlyediesedgwick @tumblr

here are some more:

sorry about the double post guys! I put them in thumbnails so they wouldnt take up so much space.

onlyediesedgwick @tumblr

that image looks nothing like edie to me. the bone structure is completely off, the makeup, everything. and the stitching on that dress would never have been done in the 60s. its cheap rouching. i dont mean to be harsh, im just really sick of the false ideas people have about her. whether its pictures or ridiculous ideas from factory girl. shes not in our world to defend herself. i feel such an emotional protection over her almost im sure a lot of you do too.

also, edie's ears weren't pierced until the late 60s/70s. she wore clip ons until then, which preserved her beauty even more. i can't even imagine what those heavy earrings would have done to her ear lobes if they were real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->