Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the correlations; however, where Daphne tends to be shy, even, in some ways, reclusive, Edie tended to be extroverted, alive most when around others. Also, Edie was an artist, while Daphne seems to be more of a curator/editor/collector. Finally, I think each of their families were quite different. Edie grew up in California, on ranchlands, for the most part. Daphne, no where near that. They come from such utterly different eras too, Edie died just a few years after Daphne was born. But both did attach themselves to powerful men in the cultural realm (fashion, art, music, etc) and both are fashion divas of the first order, happily blazing their own trails.

I just came across this on wikidpedia.. "She met Lance Loud, the young gay man depicted in the PBS series An American Family, on the beach at the foot of El Embarcadero. Loud, already a correspondent of Warhol's, was ogling fraternity boys playing volleyball when he saw Sedgwick walking her dog and recognized her."

Edie had a dog??

In the Edie book it says she was running on the beach with two German Shepherds when she met him. I think that was when she was living in a rehab facility so the dogs may have lived there.

In the Edie book it also says that the woman who accused Edie of being a heroin user the night before her death pointed to 'needle holes' that were actually cat scratches. So I guess Edie and Michael at least had a cat?

I was making a mental list of Edie inspired songs- so far I have Dylan's Just Like a Woman, Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat, Like A Rolling Stone and a chunk of Visions of Johannah; plus Velvet Underground's Femme Fatale...Any more out there?:unsure:

Does anyone know who these women might be?

Sienna Miller (right) and Sedgwick Family during 22nd Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival - Opening Night - 'Factory Girl' - After Party at Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara, California.
112394671.jpg

Getty

^ The second one would not load for me, but "Little Miss S." (Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians)

Deep Trivia: Anyone know where the 'manhole' pictures were taken in NY? I can't figure it out.... :unsure:

Thanks so much!!:woot: I spent most of my youth around there so I was betting it was way on the East Side (only a few blocks from the Silver Factory, in fact...) and Sutton Place is pretty much a non-thoroughfare (as in: the filthy rich live there and you don't really go over there unless you have a reason..) so the lack of traffic makes sense...Plus- the Upper East Side was Edie's home turf, so...Thanks again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that additional info on the neighbourhood! Fascinating stuff! :smile:

Hello everybody, I have posted some pictures from Edie: Girl on Fire at my blog, here are a few of them!

edie11.png

edie10.png

edie9.png

edie5.png

source: my camera

View the rest here! I hope you enjoy :flower:

^Thanks! I just got that book- great pics, I want to frame a lot of them!! :wink:

was looking at pepe jeans warhol clothing. Everything is so tacky! The sweater looks interesting.

btjfi.png

eWyEr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"