Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ How cool- thanks!! I never knew she had such a veddy cultured accent... ^_^

Wow - she looks beautiful but she's so smart too; I loved when she answered Merv about the value of Pop Art, "what we see around us everyday, but then to see it on canvas makes us think" - exactly. What a sweetie, and that smile is just Awwwwwww. :blush:

Thanks for posting!

^ Yup- all I could think of was 'If I met her at a party I would fall hopelessly in love with her!!" :blush: Andy seemed to almost lean on her- I wonder if we ever did get the real story about what happened between them...

wow what an awkward interview!! thats a great clip of edie though...andy seemed like such a weirdo haha.

Great Edie footage! She's so sweet! I wonder if Merv was smart enough to buy a Warhol...

^ Yeah- who would have thought!! The gallery owner in LA who put on Andy's first ever show bought 10 of his Campbell's Soup Can paintings for $1,000!!! Seems it was too much trouble to ship them back to New York....can you even imagine what they are worth now!! :o Andy never did do a painting of Edie, did he?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had always suspected that he was in love with her. Just the way he looks at her in the pictures i've seen. And i think she just had found him a dear friend and in the end - thats why he couldn't be there for her, he was angry. (My speculations only lol :P)

I think everyone who was at the factory at the time said it was because of money. Edie's parents finally cut her off and she needed money. Andy wouldn't pay her so they had a falling out.

^ I think you may both be right...Andy was notorious for being incredibly cheap and inconsiderate of others needs in the 'real world' (i.e.- outside of The Factory and his well financed reality!) and he may well have been falling in love with her- and that may have shocked him and upset his commitment to a gay lifestyle...There was also the speculation that Andy thought Edie would be his ticket to Hollywood and the movie industry, and when her various sorts of high risk behavior started to get out of control, he realized that wouldn't ever happen with her... :(

^ I think you may both be right...Andy was notorious for being incredibly cheap and inconsiderate of others needs in the 'real world' (i.e.- outside of The Factory and his well financed reality!) and he may well have been falling in love with her- and that may have shocked him and upset his commitment to a gay lifestyle...There was also the speculation that Andy thought Edie would be his ticket to Hollywood and the movie industry, and when her various sorts of high risk behavior started to get out of control, he realized that wouldn't ever happen with her... :(

I don't think Andy is to blame for not having paid Edie, considering the fact that Edie benefited a lot more in terms of the publicity she received than Andy did financially from using her in his films.

Absolutely fantastic footage from the Merv Griffin show! In a lot of pictures Edie's features look so colossal but here she appears very petite and delicate. She also seems a little more nervous than I would have expected. Adorable!

Yay! Thanks to xXPinkGoddessxX, I'm now a member of this thread which I've been following forever. I hope this works. I'm just testing it out to make sure and then I'm going to go through my Edie files to see if I have pictures that haven't been posted.

So what are you guys favorite Edie style? Short blonde hair, natural short brown hair, long brown hair? Hippy or glamorous? For me, it's her short blonde hair and the leggings and insane earrings. I love her Factory style, I mean she looked great no matter what but she really stood out even more in 1965 and around then.

Welcome to TFS Kait! My favourite Edie style is early 1966 when she wore her blonde crop slightly longer and in some pictures, had her fringe combed out. I don't know if she ever wore it as an everyday look, but her Vogue photoshoot style with the long blonde fall looked incredible as well. I do think Edie looked more beautiful with a less artificial look, but blonde hair really made her features pop and brought out that glow that a lot of people attribute to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->