Edie Sedgwick #3

Des Moines Register, March 27, 1966
RSJF6s5.jpg

haha Funny article! Thanks a lot for posting Lupe! I love when we get photos with clippings attached, it's really fascinating to see how she was presented in the press during the time.

You're welcome, ScarlettLover. I love finding Edie articles, especially if a photo of her is attached.

Here is another set of articles from the Santa Barbara News-Press, January 21, 2007.

^ That's an interesting article. Thanks for posting it and also for the pics from Ancestry.com (almost wants to make me sign up so I can see some good pics!). It's funny that Jonathan Sedgwick dismissed the Edie bio despite the fact that he took part in it and basically supported the idea that their father was dysfunctional. He also dismissed Factory Girl but he took part in that too. :blink: Weird.

It was nice to read that Edie's widower has remarried and is happy (though I'm sure that happened years ago). If anyone should write about his experience with Edie, it should be him. I wonder if anyone ever approached him about it.

I hadn't seen this version before, so I thought I'd share. Thanks for these fantastic recent posts of yours, Lupe.

01_rebel_princesses_edie_sedgwick_tcx1113_mv.jpg

source: townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/hannah-bronfman-rebellious-socialites#slide-1

Thank you DreamsOfCandy and Anina! I wish I could find larger versions of these photographs.

YOvHlV6.png

^ That's an interesting article. Thanks for posting it and also for the pics from Ancestry.com (almost wants to make me sign up so I can see some good pics!). It's funny that Jonathan Sedgwick dismissed the Edie bio despite the fact that he took part in it and basically supported the idea that their father was dysfunctional. He also dismissed Factory Girl but he took part in that too. :blink: Weird.

It was nice to read that Edie's widower has remarried and is happy (though I'm sure that happened years ago). If anyone should write about his experience with Edie, it should be him. I wonder if anyone ever approached him about it.

I agree, a lot of people that talk of Edie are very contradictory. I would love to read an in-depth account from Michael, for he is one of the larger figures of Edie's short life.

L'Officiel Art Paris December-January 2013 2014 jurnalik.ru

New photo from onlyediesedgwick.tumblr.com

Attachments

• tumblr_mx8hxl8o5D1qd6626o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mx8hxl8o5D1qd6626o1_500.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 29
Here's a pic I have never seen before:

from bloglovin.com

Attachments

• edieinlace.jpg
    edieinlace.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 30
Great find, ScarlettLover! Never seen the first two before. :flower:

Great find, ScarlettLover! Never seen the first two before. :flower:

The first two photos are from the film "Trips and Parties" by Danny Williams. She looks very cool with her sunglasses :smile:

It's hard to believe that - had Edie lived this long - she'd be 71 in a few days. No doubt a shockingly stylish 71 year old. :smile:

I've always wondered about the footage from a television show she did near the end of her life. I'd love to see it but I've searched high and low and have never seen anything of the sort (the program is mentioned in the biography).

Wow, 71 years old! I can't even imagine how she'd look like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->