Edie Sedgwick #3

It doesn't really look like Edie to me either, the face and body are slightly off to be her. Some of those childhood photos I've never seen, thanks for posting!

onlyediesedgwick @Tumblr

whens the film coming out? wasnt there talk like 4 years ago or so about a documentary or film about her?

Edie at the factory

Edie.jpg

My scan

Factory shots from US Vogue February 1989 Warhol article.

Edie2.jpg

My scan

Anyone know where this photo is from?

xCa6S.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was taken during the filming of Kitchen

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I believe it is from Kitchen. It's a pretty pic, I wish it were bigger! Thanks Lupe! :flower:

NARS has a Andy Warhol collection, and Edie has her own set! I think it's really cute! It retails at $75.

narscosmetics.com

onlyediesedgwick @Tumblr

Oh yes, that's really nice :smile: Love the pink and apricot tones, looks very girly to me!

Just came across this alleged Edie quote on Tumblr that doesn't really sound to me like something she would have said. Anyone know if it's got a source?

“I’m in love with everyone I’ve ever met in one way or another. I’m just a crazy, unhinged disaster of a human being.”
— Edie Sedgwick

I think these are really neat.
Skarmavbild2011-06-13kl193324.png

tumblr_m0cj50jbS11qb7gb1o1_500.jpg

"A Light Look" is the one where she makes breakfast and puts roller skates on Wallow and walks him in the Easter parade. Too bad we'll never see it.

And the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh is apparently showing Face until March. I only live about an hour away so I'm going to call to make sure they're really showing it, and I'm planning a trip up with my mom (who also likes Edie). If I really do get to see it, I'll take notes and post my thoughts on here.

I believe that photo is a still from Ciao! Manhattan, Kait. I think it's the scene where Edie is dancing with the vodka and trips over and falls. I remember once seeing it used in a newspaper article about Edie's death, I'm guessing because it could be mistaken for a posthumous photo.

I don't think that sounds like something Edie would say. It reminds me of something Danny Fields says in the youtube video "Factory Girl-The Read Edie". He says "when you unhitch a disastrously damaged creature...". I think someone created that quote (because it sounds like a characteristic of Edie, just not the way she would describe herself).

That's one of the things I love most about Edie. Even though her life's circumstances lent themselves to a lot of pain, sadness, and disillusionment, she rarely pitied herself in the existentialist way that a lot of broken people do. She was known to complain a lot about her temporary problems but she seemed to accept things on a greater scale, at least to the extent that she was able to poke fun at her situation.

Two questions: Does anyone know how to edit posts?
And does anyone have any information on Afternoon?. I know that's the one where she's entertaining friends like Donald Lyons, and I'm guessing that it's at her apartment, but has anyone seen stills or even heard of this film being shown? I want an Edie box set that includes ALL her films, even her screentests. Which I was shocked to read totaled 9! That must have been because she was so beautiful and mesmerizing, because I don't recall anyone else having that many screentests. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Also, any information on Beauty #1?. I've seen what I think is a still from it, too. I've read the Wikipedia post for it that she didn't get along with the dude from the first one, so Gino replaced him. I've also read that the premise was that Edie found Gino at a club and brought him back to her house for the night. I know Gino and Edie were cast together on purpose, but I never knew that Andy wanted to portray Edie and Gino as hanging out because they're basically having a one night stand. Maybe that's in the dialogue that I can't always hear clearly.
If anyone could clear up anything I've posted here, I would greatly appreciate the input!

I believe that photo is a still from Ciao! Manhattan, Kait. I think it's the scene where Edie is dancing with the vodka and trips over and falls. I remember once seeing it used in a newspaper article about Edie's death, I'm guessing because it could be mistaken for a posthumous photo.
I thought it looked like it was from Ciao![/I][/I] as well, but then again it looks like she might have on a beige or peachish shirt, and I don't ever remember even seeing that in pictures from Ciao. Or maybe I'm just mistaking what it looks like. It also looks like her hair might be pulled up? I need to look at it a lot better though, because I'm probably wrong.

Thought I'd post these images of postcards from The Bam Bam Group from 1987 listed on eBay. Two of these images have been seen before. The most obvious is the image used for the cover of Ciao! Manhattan!,but in this image there is more detail of her face and more of her top. There is one photo that hasn't been posted here before, but another one of the similar pose has been. I also flipped one of the images, so that the image of Edie is correct. I tried to remove the stamped logo as much as i could.

ttn83Ie.png

ZMMeo1g.png

8oJi7Qs.png

eBay

Awesome find Lupe! Thanks, the second picture is new to me!

These have been seen but some have been colorized.

ediesedgwicksuperstar @Tumblr

I have always found her to be so interesting. Many people attempt to copy her style, even today.

Two questions: Does anyone know how to edit posts?
And does anyone have any information on Afternoon?. I know that's the one where she's entertaining friends like Donald Lyons, and I'm guessing that it's at her apartment, but has anyone seen stills or even heard of this film being shown? I want an Edie box set that includes ALL her films, even her screentests. Which I was shocked to read totaled 9! That must have been because she was so beautiful and mesmerizing, because I don't recall anyone else having that many screentests. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Also, any information on Beauty #1?. I've seen what I think is a still from it, too. I've read the Wikipedia post for it that she didn't get along with the dude from the first one, so Gino replaced him. I've also read that the premise was that Edie found Gino at a club and brought him back to her house for the night. I know Gino and Edie were cast together on purpose, but I never knew that Andy wanted to portray Edie and Gino as hanging out because they're basically having a one night stand. Maybe that's in the dialogue that I can't always hear clearly.
If anyone could clear up anything I've posted here, I would greatly appreciate the input!

Afternoon was suppose to be a part of a "saga" of films with Edie. I don't know if it ever played, but it was intended to be the final part of a 24 hour movie including Poor Little Rich Girl, Face, Beauty #1&2, and Restaurant that were suppose to depict Edie's life.

Part of it was included in Chelsea Girls but I believe it was removed after Edie said she didn't want Andy showing her films anymore because she wanted to be a serious actress and people were supposedly laughing at her because she wasn't really acting in Warhol's films. That's the segment Paul Morrisey talks about removing in the Edie book and replacing it with Nico with colored lights. I have no idea if there are any still from it. I haven't seen any but then again I probably wouldn't know if I had because they weren't labeled as such.

I recall someone on a message board saying that the Warhol museum ran Afternoon at some point so, evidently, it still exists. I think very few of Warhol's films are lost because he was a hoarder and never threw anything away even after he lost interest in the person. I think the only one that was purposely destroyed was a segment from **** (Four Stars) with Ondine and Edie. That's only because Edie was at her worst and people complained to Warhol that the segment was "too painful to watch".

I doubt any will be released on DVD. Warhol didn't get releases from anyone appearing in the films so there's the legal issues that might arise from that plus, most are terribly shot and have near incomprehensible soundtracks.
Warhol's estate is kind weird about this films anyway. I think Chelsea Girls was the only one that was officially released and that was in the 80s and only in Italy. Most are available online though. Unless you're a real hardcore fan, most are boring and very difficult to sit through because most of them make no sense and they're a technical nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->