Encouraging Hair Growth - How to's and Products

Has anyone tried coconut oil to stimulate hair growth? Seems like a natural option & I'm interested in trying it this summer...

^yeah coconut oil or jojoba oil helps with hair growth. I used jojoba oil first and it helped with my hair growth and coconut oil helped condition my hair I didnt notice any hair growth and it might have been that my hair was going through a phase where it stopped growing or was just slowly growing I dont know but it helped improve the look of my hair.

Has anyone tried Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir?? It has some really great essential oils in it that keeps your hair healthy and helps stimulate hair growth. Its like $19 for a bottle Im really interested in buying it...

I finally tried the 'horse shampoo' ! It left my hair really silky and yes my hair has really grown long since using it...

Well I think I'm going to try the Philip Kinglsey ones, the Viviscal kind of scares me a bit (as does the price!) and I'm a vegetarian so maybe the Philip Kingsley will do me some good anyway, even if it doesn't make my hair grow much :lol:

^yeah those Viviscal are so expensive! I want to try them but am scared to mainly because if they dont end up working on me then all that money went to waist :/

i have been using the new kerastase densitive tablets for the past 6weeks and my hair is noticeably thicker and i think that it's definitely grown. i'm one of those people whose hair has been the same length for as long as i can remember but i think its finally reaching the stage now where it can almost be classified as long. i think that the pills have definitely helped.

the one thing that makes hair grow for sure is to take garlic and rub it on the scalp, at the root of the hair.
true, it smells a bit but it works 100%

^How does garlic encourage hair growth? I've heard of people using ginger but never garlic! Fashionlova, how long do you leave it on your scalp before washing it off?

u can use garlic for ur hair and nails it just makes them grow way faster
it s one of those old things that everyone in my country does and it just works.
u leave it for half hour to an hour before washing it off

I've never heard of garlic for hair growth.. it reduces hair shedding but thats news to me about it aiding hair growth.

instead of focusing on your hair growth from the scalp, everyone should just be focusing on your ends, and keeping them healthy.

you can't make your hair grow faster. it grows about a half and inch a month. some a little faster, some a little slower.
but what you can control is how much breaks off! so condition and get little trims!

How much biotin do you guys take everyday?

I'm currently taking 2 fish oil capsules and 1000 mcg of biotin per day.

My hair used to be about 28.35 inches long. I decided to cut it last october and they're gradually growing back pretty fast. they're now 21.3 inches but i decided to make them grow faster so I got biotin today. hope it helps.
What else can i use? :smile:

if your health isn't the best, supposly your hair suffers too, right? if you fix your health issues, how would that affect your hair?

When I went to the hairdressers recently (for the first trim in 8months, bad I know but I was enjoying the length too much) she noticed that I had lots of new hairs growing through. The supplements I mostly would credit to this are a simple A-Z vitamins and minerals and Kelp supplements, sometimes an extra B vitamin supplement as well. My diet is kind of average, plenty of protein, fruit and veg but could do with more, and I drink water like a fish... Hope this helps!
Also, I'm sure I read somewhere in this thread about using coconut oil, does anyone else use this? If I lather it on for an hour or so before a shower sometimes it's so difficult to wash out I feel like I'm reversing the conditioning aspects, and it's way too greasy to apply to my clean dry hair... I don't understand how everyone uses it maybe I'm missing something?
Sorry for such a long post! :blush:

What about Prenatal vitamins? I've taken regular daily vitamins but was wonder if that is better? or too much? Oh and I must share that my hair is growing! it was chin length towards the end of november and now its neck length! just 1.5 inches away from my collar bone yay!

I havent been taking any vitamins but did eat healthier in the past couple months...as of right now im eating bad hehe but doing scalp massages a few times a week really works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->