Irish Street Style

thanks strawberry...:heart:

your friend is AWESOME!!...

:bounce:...:clap:...

Strawberry,thank you so much.This is one of my favourite threads!! I dig your friend Pat too and I'm off to check his blog :lol: .

Dublin looks like a hip,hot and happening city!!Loads of laidback,original style,yet a certain coherence in what different people are wearing.I like!!:flower:

Oh, a blog... thanks for that link. :heart:

Welcome soft and Quirky. I'm not talking to my camera at the moment, but I'll take more pictures as soon as I am.

ah, i love the grainy look of your pics. :blush:

(of course, i like the motifs, too.)

oh strawberry how did I miss this!??

Well... everyone hasbeen wearing gypsy skirts since March. I may murger the next one I see...A trend with the rich, beautiful D4 teenage girls seem to be short tutu tpye mini-skirts with leggings and flats and tiara's... and fake tan!

This is really difficult!

Strawberry, my bf lives in Dublin so I'm there a lot. We should meet up sometime!! We can walk around and critisize our nations fashion sense!:woot:^_^

strawberry daiquiri said:
P.S. I know you didn't mention what type of shop it was, but since it didn't ring a bell, I just assumed. :P

However, I do know some great shops full of handwork (a weakness of yours I know :heart:) .
In this little shop here - 'Sé Sí' ('He She' in Irish) the workers make the clothes they sell in the shop while sitting on a chair/assisting etc. :woot:
In fact, one of the signs in the window says that if you make clothes, they will sell them for you in there. There's also a market (Cows' Lane market) where people sell some wonderful handmade clothes/accessories.

67.jpg

and thre's a great café above it!^_^

Strawberry where do you shop? I just LOVE Wild Child, I got a really cool hat there on saturday... and Urban Outfitters "vintage" section. The new section is too expensive! :blush:

I was just a week in New York, a lot of walking (and roller-blading) was done and people watching...

To be honest I found people in Dublin to be more stylish and interesting than New York :smile: Maybe I'm just being patriotic

Those are great pics, Strawberry! :woot:
I've been travelling to Ireland almost every summer for seven years and I just love Dublin! :heart: I think I recognize some of the places. It brings good memories... :wink:

strawberry daiquiri said:
I took a good few of these photos at a 'save the robots' show (they were up in the air) because there were other camera out in force and so no one noticed I wasn't taking the robots. :lol:

Strawberry! Thats the filmbase Centre! I used to work there, during the summer. I was probably inside when you took that shot :-:(D

Oh wow, I recognise a lot of these people, and I go to all those places every time I'm in town. Nice work strawberry!
As regards Pat, I've seen him on Westmoreland Street but I've actually always been in too much of a hurry to even read the "The best poems you ever went by in a hgurry" sign! I'll make sure to look at his stuff on Friday when I'm in town.

i'm going to dublin in two weeks, my first time! exited and will keep an open eye for the si-si (sp?) shop mentioned above! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minervamovies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->