Judith Leiber bags

TWILO said:
great pics!!! .... because one of these is exactly what i want! so versatile!! do you know how much they go for? i'm thinking these are around $1300....?

lol they are crazy expensive. the first bag is $2,475, the second one is $1,925 and the third one is $1,295 at saks fifth avenue at least.

I loooove Judith Leiber bags

I would suggest you to buy a classic crystal clutch first, and then to collect the different ones

I have 4 for now, but I don't have them with me right now so can't really post the pics up

My friends buy a lot of Judith Leiber off ebay though, maybe you wanna give it a try? At least the prices are much more friendly up there.

meowmix said:
i'll never "get" these bags...:huh:

most people will never get these bags because it's so pricey.

they are like a piece of jewelery to me.... so i'm saving up.

i meant i don't get why people buy them...i dont mind the regular ones but the animals and food...? :rolleyes:

^ Me neither. I don't find that rabbit minaudiere to be exceptionally cute.

The first two are lovely, Id lean to the red. Im into putting scarlet red with like navy, white, black, which are evening colors anyways.

That pear minaudiere would be great with a breezy Celine (Kors) dress at like a evening party in St. Tropez.

Judith Leiber

I bought a JL cat bag on a trip to London. It's a lovely natural shape but it's all gold, and I chose it so that I could wear it with different things. Then on another trip to London I found a JL cat pill box which looked like the "baby" of the bag since it had some gold in it as well. So I use them together, since I take some pills before dinner.

Everytime I use this bag, I get a lot of attention and compliments which I never get with any other bag, not even with my more expensive ones like my Birkin ostrich bag. Total strangers have walked up to my table to pat my bag and ask where I got it. Most recently I was on a boat in St Petersburg and an elderly British couple came up to me to say something about my cat.

At the time I bought my bag, I was deciding between this gold one and a very lifelike siamese cat bag. I thought the gold one was more classic and would go with more stuff. However now I wish I had bought the siamese cat bag as well as that was really interesting.

I tried to look for the JL boutique when I was last in London a few months ago again, but it had moved out of its old ground floor space at Harrod's and the saleslady at the replacement boutique said JL had left Harrod's entirely. If anyone knowns where the JL shop in London is, please let me know. I tried emailing them via the JL website and got no reply so I just left it...

:(

I really want one of the monogram Judith Leiber clutches, but since they are all custom made they are so expensive!! I tired to find a picture but cound't find one anywhere. I'd get black with a silver monogram or vice versa.

TWILO said:
i am very weary.... how do you trust these people on ebay when it's inundated with super-fakes?!:shock:

Alot of people have this fear, but not everything can be mass produced as a fake (take Manolos for example). The important thing is to ask for pictures and check the seller's reputation. I have yet to see a fake JL bag that a seller tries to pass off as authentic on ebay... :flower:

Some of the bags are cute, but I would have absolutley no where to wear one. That rabbit is horrid looking, I love cute little animals but would not wear that one, I like the very first white one posted though.

For my birthday my brother had my phone done in pink swarovski with hello kitty on the back and my initial on the front, it cost $1,300 so I guess I could see where the price comes from. But would the crystals stay on these cluches? I've been super careful with my phone and have lost 4 crystals total, 3 of them were dangling so I glued them back on, the other one cant be noticed at all. That would be my main concern before buying one, how long it'll last.

I love the crystal roll clutches. I intend to carry one in all clear crystals to my wedding (not even engaged yet, but I've got it all planned out hehe). I would like several of the small square/rectangular clutches in black and maybe another dark crystal color to carry to formal events. I just bought a Kate Landry crystal clutch for my best friend's coming-out ball. It was only around $400, for those of you who might like the look of Leiber and not the price. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
These are some of my favorites from judithleiber.com:

Princess1995.jpg

"Princess" $1995

Fullbeadroll2375.jpg

"Full Bead Roll" $2375

Smallchanneledrectangle1495.jpg

"Small Channeled Rectangle" $1495

EWrectangle1395.jpg

"E/W Rectangle" $1395

That Princess one is absolutely todiefor adorable. I do feel like I'm not "grown-up" enough to carry a Judith Leiber bag though...yet. I also think it's easier for me to justify the $1000+ purchases when it's something I can carry all day every day. But a Judith Leiber will never go out of fashion imo.

love her bags... no honestly.. i mean every single crystal clutch out there we see was inspired by her crystal evening collection.
she did it first no matter how simple they may seem...
i always thought they were special only that 10 years ago the only thing that came into my mind when i saw her bags was the price..
now they seem a little more approachable and i am pretty sure if i used evening bags more i would get one right away.
personally i am a fan of her stranger shapes (animal, egg, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->