IT-bags for Fall.

Taitai said:
pucci_mama, I own two spys (green and python) so call me biased ^_^ ....but I definitely think the spy bag will have longevity much much more than the paddingtons, roxys etc. Fendi has many versions of the spys coming out in the next few seasons (incl in mink, suede, etc) so I think the bag will continue to be huge...
It's the bag that many fashion editors in NY & Europe are carrying at the moment, so I think it appeals to a diff fashion crowd.

I agree. :flower: The Spy bag is a great bag, but because it priced itself out of the market, it's unattainable to the masses, like LV, Balenciaga, and other over-exposed bags. Unlike a lot of "It-bags", I don't see young girls carrying this bag. It makes me like this bag more and is probably why they appeal to a "different fashion crowd." I think the bag definately has longevity- more so than a lot of other quick-to-rise, quick-to-fall "It-bags."

Can someone post photos of the Bottega Veneta bags? I'm curious...

Maybe im just annoyed by the syp, because i had my mind set up on a dark green one, and the one i was going to påurchase diden't live up to my expectations :rolleyes:

I do really like the new Chanel 2.55, but io think it's problaby a bit to grown-up for me, as i am just 19teen but with the right chic outfit pencil skirts, high heels (can't really picture it with jeans) it would be devine!

pucci, I think you and I are the only ones who didn't like the green. I think the Spy is okay, not that special. and I don't see the real problem with the Spys being the price -- there seem to be plenty of young people willing and able to drop big bucks on a paddington, python silverado, chanel -- all in the same price range. I just think the Spy didn't live up to the tremendous hype. and then there were all the defects.

cloud9 said:
are you being sarcastic diorling?
i dont get this.. AT ALL... and it doesnt deserve to be an IT bag and its ugly jmo :unsure:
am i weird for not liking these?

I hate them too. Dior bags in general are pretty much over. The only people who buy them anymore are real Dior fanatics and Paris Hilton wannabes. They had a couple of lucky seasons sales wise, but the stuff is just tacky and ugly.

i wonder whether the big saddle paddington will prove as popular..

personally i find it an odd shape for a women to carry- it seems better suited to a men's messanger

travis_nw8 said:
i wonder whether the big saddle paddington will prove as popular..personally i find it an odd shape for a women to carry- it seems better suited to a men's messanger

I highly doubt it. and if people found the original paddington heavy, this one will send them straight to the chiropractor. I think the paddington will continue to be popular, but it's slowing down and in any event is not an IT bag in my mind.

travis_nw8 said:
i wonder whether the big saddle paddington will prove as popular..

personally i find it an odd shape for a women to carry- it seems better suited to a men's messanger
Ooo...Now that one I like. Maybe without that enormous 5-pound lock. I would love that one in like black or that silver metallic lizard the Paddington comes in.

Im gonna take another stab with Dior (I am Diorling). I think classics are back, the Chanel 2.55, the Birkin. The Dior Saddle is looking better everyday, I started to hate it after being on the runway in 100 differnet forms, but now that Galliano has given it a rest, I love it. The Detective and Peacock are my favorites by far.

p10827327_ph_hero.jpg
p10746324_ph_hero.jpg

p10746498_ph_hero.jpg
p10454532_ph_hero.jpg

diosaddle15bm.jpg
diosaddle26gh.jpg

I dont like saddle bags, I thought they were more "it" back then, but not sure about now. I dont like that saddle paddington bag at all...it looks huge and not very stylish imo. Sorry to anyone who does like those bags.

I think the Spy bag will still be trendy, but Im disappointed with the regular leather oens as well when I saw them in real life.

Umm! I doubt about the spy bag still being "IT" bag this season...Fendi here still has the congac sitting in the display window for the past three weeks. For me it has died down and the quality of the bag is not up to their price marked. I would rather spend on a Chanel bag which better quality which I would pay less than the spy.

i still want a dior saddle... i always wanted one in a blue-green lizard skin with gold hardware, that would be so delicious. maybe Galliano could read this and make one for me? :D

oceanharlot said:
i still want a dior saddle... i always wanted one in a blue-green lizard skin with gold hardware, that would be so delicious. maybe Galliano could read this and make one for me? :D

me too..!! i still wanna buy a saddle..
im not in any hurry though.. i havent seen the perfect one (for me) yet so im gonna give it some time... and wait.....:innocent:

Seems to be like the discreet classics will be in for fall - namely BV and Chanel.

Balenciaga is really overexposing themselves too much.
Their bags are cute, but the number of fakes are increasing and that really takes the enjoyment out of owning one, plus they are releasing too many colours at one time!

I really like the Spy, simply because the design appeals to me.
In fact, this is the first bag from Fendi that I am in love in with!
I am not so sure about its "IT-bag" status or lack-of, but I guess it doesn't really matter if you like a bag right?

^ Yeah I agree! The Fendi Spy bag and Chloe Paddington were some of the many bags touted as 'It' bags but only the Paddington appealed to me...I just never felt crazy about the Fendi. Gotta go with your first impressions, 'It' status notwithstanding. And yes, I'm tired of seeing fake Balenciagas everywhere...Balenciaga overkill?

Ugh, I can't stand the Dior Flowers. It seems so 80's ish in a bad bad way. I've seen A LOT of the Dior Saddle's around not to mention loads of cheap knockoffs. My bet is the Detective. It's different than what's been around lately.

I'm enjoying reading this thread a lot, because the talk is nothing but bags of the moment, and that's always my fave topic.

What exactly is an IT bag?. Bags of the moment, right? Not classic bags. If that's the case, I think Balenciaga is (was!) the IT bag for Spring this year. It's so carried! Until, as Chiangsi said, too many fakes in town. The Spy was huge in its way. Not sure if the Spy will still continue to be IT. Since someone mentioned that they are coming up with new materials/colours, then perhaps they are here to stay for a while.

Will Bottega ever produce an IT bag? I find them to be too classic to be IT bags. But I would gladly be proven wrong, just because I love Bottega.

By the way, how long is the lifespan of an IT bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen enough of the fall styles to tell which bags will be big. However, I do think quilted leather bags will be pretty big this fall - Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Veneta have a few in their fall line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->