IT-bags for Fall.

the peacock is really nice, diorling....i really like the saddlebag, too

i don't know...i just think that they are a cool shape...they are different........i would rather get a balenciaga bag or a paddington or a chanel purse for the price i would pay for certain saddlebags, but i still like :heart:

rhiannonmars said:
still baffled.. I don't get it, people want to look like a horse?
I like it because it's witty, it looks like a saddle, on a horse. It's excellent, the shape is so elegant too. I think it's the more edgy classic while the Chanel 2.55 is the classic classic.

Diorling said:
I like it because it's witty, it looks like a saddle, on a horse. It's excellent, the shape is so elegant too. I think it's the more edgy classic while the Chanel 2.55 is the classic classic.

I guess edgy looks like Balenciaga to me, not a saddle. A saddle makes me think perhaps of riding boots, equistrian culture, but the bag does not have that air of refinement about it. At least, that is not how I have ever seen them used. I see people carrying them w/ just jeans, boring outfits, teenagers.

kare2711 said:
I'm enjoying reading this thread a lot, because the talk is nothing but bags of the moment, and that's always my fave topic.

What exactly is an IT bag?. Bags of the moment, right? Not classic bags. If that's the case, I think Balenciaga is (was!) the IT bag for Spring this year. It's so carried! Until, as Chiangsi said, too many fakes in town. The Spy was huge in its way. Not sure if the Spy will still continue to be IT. Since someone mentioned that they are coming up with new materials/colours, then perhaps they are here to stay for a while.

Will Bottega ever produce an IT bag? I find them to be too classic to be IT bags. But I would gladly be proven wrong, just because I love Bottega.

By the way, how long is the lifespan of an IT bag?

I think IT bags are pretty much determined by celebrities. I can't think of many huge trends that weren't started by celebs. People see them with a certain bag, pants etc. and then everyone has to have it. As far as Bottega goes, I think there's a good possibility that they will have an it bag in the next few seasons. With the popularity of the boho look, I think quite of few of their bags work well with that kind of style. Some things have to be a classic in order to become an It item. Look at Louis Vuitton, after all these years, now it becomes an IT bag to have. I think it will always be considered a classic as well.

Not just celeberties.. what Vogue says almost is "law", every magazine had the Paddington as their "IT-bag" and people went insaine. And there isen't actually that many celeberties that have it, except Kate Bosworth and Victoria Beckham :innocent:

Vogue, Elle, etc. has much more power then celebs, me thinks.

^^Very true. I think as far as IT trends for the not as fashion informed people are dictated by celebs because these people just aren't interested in Vogue, but they do watch the celebrites. Once Jessica Simpson started featuring Louis Vuitton in the Newlyweds, every preteen and teenager started buying up hideous knockoffs. I think that's when the trend reaches it peak.

This season was really short on any "it" bags, which is actually a good thing because that means the bags that I actually liked wont be so played out come fall....with the exception of the Chanel 2.55, which is so classic that even if it did gain "it" status it would still be eternal, bags seemed less like flash-in-the-pan items and more like long term investment pieces. The only other bag I could see being "it" bags are the Gucci croc train case bags, but with their price tag, it's very unlikely.

As far as trends in bags it seems like they were going back to much more structured lines, very linear and clean without a whole lot of embellishment and I think it's safe to say that hobo/slouchy shapes will definitly not be the "it" item this season.

Diorling said:

You should definitely get it! Sounds like you really love the bag and the design really appeals to you. I think that's the best reason to buy a bag!

What about the Botkier? it was featured v heavily a little while ago.. and i finally saw one in real life (here in Australia) for the first time.. I really like it (and have the silver trigger - love the metallic), but what's the word on it?

I personally dont like the Botkier Trigger bag. I think it looks too much like the Balenciaga motorcycle bag. It never really took off in London and I think its been and done as well in other countries. I cant see it really being an IT bag.

I still love those saddles...I doubt they will be "it" for fall but that peacock one is so cute!! The tan leather one is very classy and elegant! That's my favorite!

those saddle bags have been around for ages, now it's not the time to make them an IT-bag.

I don't think they ever were, people are sick of Dior when it comes to bags IMO.

I,too,find Dior bags really ugly.I hate that tacky silver D everywhere.And the shapes are just off.

I don't like any of the new Paddington variations either.

I agree that on the streets the Roxy never became an "It bag" despite a hundred editors's best efforts...which means that I can quietly sit back and enjoy mine for the classic I feel it is:P .

Ditto with the Paddington here in Holland...hardly anyone has it,no-one knows it and the only comment I've had has been "nice,roomy,practical bag.Is that a PADLOCK????":lol: .I have a feeling I'm going to get YEARS of wear out of it.

From taking a look around I agree that quilted bags are going to be huge and I'm going to be getting one:clap: .

Ooops....sorry...I guess I'm just not much of an It-bag girl...

I don't like the botkier bags at all and whatever "IT"-ness they possessed is long gone. I'm a little shocked that Neiman's has just started carrying them and the bulga bag. probably trying to widen their market and appeal to the younger crowd.

I don't think this'll be an IT-bag,but I'm in LURVE with this one.It's the marc jacobs small quilted handbag for fall.I have never liked one of his bags before,but this is too cute.

Attachments

• mjfall.jpg
    mjfall.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,386
^ It looks like a Chanel bag, and also looks like what he is doing for LV this fall, minus the logos.

00060f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->