IT-bags for Fall.

LilyGirl said:
a few mags have mentioned bottega as being hot for the fall, but I don't which bag(s). there's a good thread on the fall '05 bags with lots of pictures of non-chloe, spy and balenciaga bags.

they have a few very limited editions coming out for fall that i guess will be big:flower:

Oh my! That vintage-looking Chanel 2.55 in black which PucciMama posted above on the right - gotta get it! Will be putting my name down for that model tomorrow if possible! Love it :heart:

papillon said:
Ya know, I'm starting to feel the same way. After my Balenciaga's & Paddington arrive I'm going to start focusing more on classics. I keep putting off buying the classics (Chanel, BV) as I know they will always be available at sometime or another. Tend to get caught up in the Limited Edition IT bag hype :cry:.
I'm like you too! I've been wanting a BV Veneta for a long time, but I keep on putting off buying it because it's 'boring' and there are so many more fun bags out there to buy!

pucci_mama said:
Any pictures of the limited edition ones??
there are some on net-a-porter

under their "10 top fall bags" or something like that...:flower:

What about Fendi Spy. Since it came out right in the midst of the Paddington I think alot of people went for the Pad instead. Will it gain steam in the Fall and in what color and size. I like the pleated and black but I still haven't seen
the pleated in brown only bone.

I don't think the Fendi spy will ever become an IT-bag really.

Yes it gained a bit of popularity, but i already feel its a bit passe.

I agree that Bottega will be very big this season, it just seems like its time has come. Unfortunately that means that the classic status may fade, lets hope the completely logo-less exterior, and the simple styling keep them from getting too over-exposed though. Balenciaga will probably still be rather popular, but only if they keep them relatively limited like they have in the past. The mistake Marc Jacobs made after his first hit handbag season was overproducing bags and overselling them to stores. Thats how bags from his "classic" range ended up on a 40% off table at Barney's. The Fendi spy was over before it even started, probably because they priced it too high for mass-sellability. Most luxury consumers are still not ready to go over the $1500 mark for a leather bag. If they fix the quality issues and make it part of their standard line, however, it could become slightly-classic. Really I think we will have to wait a bit longer to find out what will be fall's true it bag though, because right now it does not look like there will be one.

so I spotted several ladies today carrying the cognac spy and the tan paddington, which only further solidified their non-IT status in my mind. I'm definitely going BV -- maybe a cabat, finally?

i'm surprised the roxy didnt gather more steam... i thought it was going to be huge. but its just been balenciaga, balenciaga, baleciaga. i think there must be something coming out soon that will get attention, for fall. i think the paddington, silverado and spy were introduced too early to hold on for much longer.

I hate to say this but I think the paddington bag will still be big this Fall, im over them myself now though.

I think Bottega Veneta, the other day I saw one of the woven hobos in black, that bag was simple but absolutely stunning. I think understated glamor and elegance is coming back so Bottega Veneta fits in perfectly with that trend. The Birkin will still keep strong and the Classique is still very hot, but not in the grays or blacks, in the yellows, reds, purples.

I love the Spy but I dont think it can be the it bag for fall...same with the Silverado, Paddington and Mulberrys, quite frankly I hate the Paddington and Silverado (they're boring). Those MJ bags are just soo tired, they're everywhere and they're getting annoying...

Another contender is the Chanel 2.55, I think it could be the IT bag. It's very fresh, very new and very cool, thinks the IT bag has to be. The flat or puffy quilt is sooo cool, anyone who carries it would ooze coolness. The Dior Detective is still very hot, it was sort of cultish and underground for S/S but it could explode for Fall, same with the Vintage Flowers bags and they have this new Flowers bag thats gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
MJCouture said:
I agree that Bottega will be very big this season, it just seems like its time has come. Unfortunately that means that the classic status may fade, lets hope the completely logo-less exterior, and the simple styling keep them from getting too over-exposed though. Balenciaga will probably still be rather popular, but only if they keep them relatively limited like they have in the past. The mistake Marc Jacobs made after his first hit handbag season was overproducing bags and overselling them to stores. Thats how bags from his "classic" range ended up on a 40% off table at Barney's. The Fendi spy was over before it even started, probably because they priced it too high for mass-sellability. Most luxury consumers are still not ready to go over the $1500 mark for a leather bag. If they fix the quality issues and make it part of their standard line, however, it could become slightly-classic. Really I think we will have to wait a bit longer to find out what will be fall's true it bag though, because right now it does not look like there will be one.

i agree with you :flower:
balenciaga wont be so "hot" anymore if they keep churning out bags like that... dont get me wrong, i own two and i like them but they need to stop making so many bags. soon the'y'll run out of colors :doh:
bottega might rise, but i dont think any of their bags have that cult quality to be an IT bag... the spy, roxy, paddington hype has all died away and i dont really see the detective bag becoming very popular... so... hmm... we'll have to wait and see.

pucci_mama said:
I don't think the Fendi spy will ever become an IT-bag really.

Yes it gained a bit of popularity, but i already feel its a bit passe.

pucci_mama, I own two spys (green and python) so call me biased ^_^ ....but I definitely think the spy bag will have longevity much much more than the paddingtons, roxys etc. Fendi has many versions of the spys coming out in the next few seasons (incl in mink, suede, etc) so I think the bag will continue to be huge...
It's the bag that many fashion editors in NY & Europe are carrying at the moment, so I think it appeals to a diff fashion crowd.

Dior Flowers

diorflowers14ah.jpg
diorflowers25po.jpg

diorflowers30qm.jpg
diorflowers44th.jpg

Whats funny is that I saw a fake bag exactly like that black one, this was back in January, so I guess the fakers were ahead of Dior...:lol:

Diorling said:
Dior Flowers

Whats funny is that I saw a fake bag exactly like that black one, this was back in January, so I guess the fakers were ahead of Dior...:lol:

are you being sarcastic diorling?
i dont get this.. AT ALL... and it doesnt deserve to be an IT bag and its ugly jmo :unsure:
am i weird for not liking these?

^
I actually think they would be nicer without the Dior silverware :(

cloud9 said:
are you being sarcastic diorling?
i dont get this.. AT ALL... and it doesnt deserve to be an IT bag and its ugly jmo :unsure:
am i weird for not liking these?
Im serious. I guess Im the only one that likes them, I love the color and the shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->