IT-bags for Fall.

pucci_mama

Frozen irony.
Reaction score
So what do you guys think, what makes an "IT-bag"??

What do you think are strong candidates to be the IT-bags of fall?

I am curious how this work, as Vogue comes out every season with a list over IT-bags as the Chloe' Paddington:rolleyes: .

so let's discuss.

:flower:

Oh I love the Paddington! I think it will still be a hit, but don't think it will be part of the list this time :flower:
I would think metallic bags of Chanel (2.55) might have a go at it-- if it does, it will be Chanel 2.55's reiteration of it being an iconic bag. :flower:

00120f.jpg

Gucci
00060f.jpg

Louis Vuitton

I don't think that second Louis Vuitton I don't think it will be be considered an "IT"-bag it is to much going on on it, i dont really se it work for a large audience. But you never know.

tresormakati, I agree w Chanel i have a feeling the bags there are going to be big this year :smile:

Same here (re Chanel). Supposedly their new distressed leather bags are going to be cool as well.

Overall, the f/w collections were lacking.

The 2.55 is going to have a huge season, and maybe that large box shaped tote will be a big seller too. Perhaps dior's detective line in (faux?) croc will be big...it has gotten a good amount of press for s/s. Some of the miu miu & prada bags were nice, but somehow nothing special...and there is a versace bag that i love, but i dont think it will be a "hit" because versace isnt doing very well...(for reasons i am not sure of, probably because its sort of "uncool" to like anything from them...:innocent: )

i'm sick of "it" bags...:wacko: but i have a feeling the 2.55 reproduction will be big

^^ I have to agree with Meow here... All of the bags that have been considered "it" bags... quickly end up being a "WAS" bag to me...

Luna said:
^^ I have to agree with Meow here... All of the bags that have been considered "it" bags... quickly end up being a "WAS" bag to me...

LOL well said!

agreed, but it's still fun. personally, I'm digging the mcqueen novak.

Maybe post pics of the newer bags? I feel a bit out of the loop.

In my eyes.. I already see the Spy, Paddington, and Le dix to be almost passe for the fall...

hmm, i got a feeling there will be a lot of LV denim bags around...

a few mags have mentioned bottega as being hot for the fall, but I don't which bag(s). there's a good thread on the fall '05 bags with lots of pictures of non-chloe, spy and balenciaga bags.

meowmix said:
i'm sick of "it" bags...:wacko: but i have a feeling the 2.55 reproduction will be big

Ya know, I'm starting to feel the same way. After my Balenciaga's & Paddington arrive I'm going to start focusing more on classics. I keep putting off buying the classics (Chanel, BV) as I know they will always be available at sometime or another. Tend to get caught up in the Limited Edition IT bag hype :cry:.

Is just for fun! i love reading when Vogue comes out, is like "the bible" saying what is HOT!

How do you think the Paddington madness started, what Vogue says turns to gold!:wink:

Well, I personally just love the square Vintage Chanel bag.

Attachments

• 04f.jpg
    04f.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 460
I love the shape of that bag.. but it's hard to gauge how big the bag is.. anyone have measurements? It looks like it wouldn't go over the shoulder.. if they make it in different sizes.. I dont' really follow chanel stuff.

Sorry, no measurments for the Chanel yet..

The Dior detectives, i love these :heart:

Does anyone know the price for the faux crocs?

Attachments

• 00070f.jpg
    00070f.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 00330f.jpg
    00330f.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
Some more Chanel. Love the metallic vintag-y one.

Attachments

• Chanel93.jpg
    Chanel93.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 00840f.jpg
    00840f.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member