Magazine Cover Stars : Guesses & Wishes 2016

I agree with you Creative. We need more models of this generation on covers. There are a lot of great ones. Lexi, Binx, Julia B, Maartje, Ine, Harleth are doing great in campaigns but not in covers.

Kendall and Gigi got covers too And they are new generation (not that I like that :P)

Oh, yes, in terms of socialites/famous people they do embrace the new (Kate Upton in her moment, Edie, Cara, Gigi, Kendall). But I was talking about real/traditional models.

Wishlist US Vogue:
Gigi for the American issue.
Alicia Vikander
Margot Robbie
Penélope Cruz
Rooney Mara
Emma Watson
Naomie Harris (not gonna happen, but I wish)

Forgot: Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Rachel Weisz

Guesses/wishes for Vogue US:
-Emma Watson
-Anne Hathaway
-Gigi/Kendall/Karlie in one cover for American Issue
-Shailene Woodley
-Taraji P Henson
-Scarlett Johansson
-Kristen Stewart
-Venus Williams/Serena Williams together for Special Olympics Cover
-Margot Robbie
-Saoirse Ronan
-Adele

What about Brie Larson. Isn't she frontrunner for the Oscar next year?

Raquel is probably never going to get a Vogue Paris cover. :lol:

Hopes/Predictions:

Margot Robbie (for Suicide Squad/Tarzan)
Emilia Clarke (for Me Before You)
Melissa McCarthy (for Ghostbusters)
Penelope Cruz (Zoolander 2)
Emily Blunt (Girl on the Train)
Kerry Washington (long overdue)
Natalie Portman (directorial debut)
Adele (needs no explanation)
Scarlett Johansson (Hail Caesar/Captain America 3)
Jennifer Garner (Has a film or two coming out, plus Vogue can't resist a post-scandal or divorce interview).
Gwen Stefani (Ditto)
Renee Zellweger (Bridget Jones' Baby)

(I'd rather see some other people like Priyanka Chopra, Brie Larson, Gina Rodriguez, Saoirse Ronan, and Gugu Mbatha-Raw, but I don't think any of them are "big" enough yet.)

Vogue Paris Guesses

February - Gigi Hadid
March - Lara Stone
April - Daria W.
May - Natasha Poly
June/July - Anna Ewers
August - Natalia Vodianova
September - Kate/Daria/Lara (multi covers)
October - Gisele Bundchen
November - Kate Moss
December/January - French celeb

* Hopefully I'm sooo wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Italia 2016:

January 2016: Ruth Bell, May Bell, Odette Pavlova, Lia Pavlova
February 2016: Olivia Jansing
March 2016: Liya Kebede
April 2016: Greta Varlese
May 2016: Guinevere van Seenus
June 2016: Molly Bair, Lineisy Montero, Issa Lish
July 2016: Kris Gottschalk
August 2016: Karen Elson
September 2016: Tilda Swinton
October 2016: Jessica Stam, Lara Stone, Naomi Campbell
November 2016: Julia Nobis
December 2016: Andreea Diaconu

all by Meisel.

I am seriously laughing at the shade regards Vogue Paris. Same girls again and again HAHA

Vogue Italia wish: STEVEN MEISEL only

I agree with you Creative. We need more models of this generation on covers. There are a lot of great ones. Lexi, Binx, Julia B, Maartje, Ine, Harleth are doing great in campaigns but not in covers.

True. There's a total disconnection. And it never happened before, right? At least I can't remember. The first Vogue cover subject for 2016 is Dunn, who had her peak seven/eight years ago. Then in recent Vogue issues we have Miranda, Gisele, Karlie, Liya, Freja, Natalia... Same girls over and over again. No chances for the new ones.

And is it me or celebrities are getting more and more covers? Look at Vogue Australia... Or Vogue España had three + Gigi...

Sometimes I think part of the reason is that there are not great leaders anymore. Carine Roitfeld used to discover many models, Meisel too... But they don't have the relevance they used to have (though Meisel has really pushed Lexi).

I think there's a huge thirst for freshness...

^probably because celebrities are selling. People like to buy magazines with faces they know on the cover. But I agree, we need to see new faces. I'm just waiting to see when magazines are going to realize that everyone is bored with their choices.

^Yes, that must definitely be one of the reasons. But, at the same time, I think: who outside the Fashion Spot knows Jourdan? Or Karlie? Or even Natalia?

Miranda or Gisele are more well-known, but the rest?

Well we see them on tv: Maybelline, L'Oréal, Guerlain for exemple. People probably don't know their names but they know their face somehow. I can see why magazines can be scared to put new girls, but if it's well executed, it should be selling, I guess :lol:

Indeed. Because then you see the numbers and in Vogue Paris, for example, Anna did waaaay better than Adriana or even Natasha (I think). Maybe it has also something to do with not thinking outside the box. Repeating the formula again and again because it's not entirely broken.

And I also think: We live in a world where people buy less and less magazines (myself included). Why they don't try something new or better in quality? Are they scared? Or just blasé?

Scared and blasé. And most magazines are being runned by old females who are completely out of touch with the current generation.

Meisel was perhaps the only photographer not afraid to put a new girl on a cover, but I think we'll see less and less from him at Vogue Italia.

Well we see them on tv: Maybelline, L'Oréal, Guerlain for exemple. People probably don't know their names but they know their face somehow. I can see why magazines can be scared to put new girls, but if it's well executed, it should be selling, I guess :lol:

Adriana's cover sold poorly last year and she's one of the most famous models in the world:lol:.
They don't put new girls because some of them are too coward to try new things. They are afraid of readers' reactions. For me fashion is a constantly changing industry. Everything has to change every six months because there's a new trend, a new girl, a new hairstyle, a new make up routine, etc. But it seems that with some magazines, everything is still the same every year!
VP seems to be frozen in time (same girls, same Parisienne theme, same jewelry editorial, same celebrity feature), I could say the same for US Vogue. :angry:
France is one of the most multi cultural countries in the world, they should take inspiration from it. (They also have amazing models yet they choose the same ones from other countries, when was the last time a French model got an editorial for VP?)

^Honestly I don't understand how Adriana's cover didn't sell well. Maybe no one recognized her :lol:

How I would love a year of VP without Natasha, Kate, Lara, Daria, Anna ect... Just one year of fresh faces.

I need Josephine LT on the cover of VP... And Raquel Z... In general, I'd like to see as much diversity as possible... I'd love to see the Supers too but not Naomi, Linda and Christy (whom I adore)... Just smth different... And no Kate, Lara, Natasha, Natalia, Gisele, Isabeli, Freja, Daria (one of my top favourites), etc. Give us some freshness in faces, vision and diversity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->