Making your own clothes?

Which would be the best sewing machine for a sewing virgin to purchase? I have decided to bite the bullet; joined burdastyle and ready to wreck havoc on material (!)

Get one with an automatic button holer. And don't settle for less than a 25 year warranty. It should be built like a tank.

has anyone made a peacoat? :o

I designed one, and I kinda want to make it.

how will you make it into a pattern? ^

how will you make it into a pattern? ^

I suppose I'll have to learn how.

Although, it's not far off from a regular peacoat -- I could likely modify a pre-existing peacoat pattern. Most of my changes are mere colors added in, not requiring more complex pattern making.

oh hey you can definitely do that
i've been finding a lot of books on that lately actually, it's called "flat pattern design"

you buy a basic bodice pattern, basic sleeve, basic anything
I read almost all companies will have one.
and you alter it till it fits you the way you want it to.
after you can use this basic pattern as a foundation to create other designs

So you could do this, so it would be of use to you later on :smile:
Or you can just go ahead and make the pea coat... which I searched for on burdastyle.com. I found a couple of links but it directed me to google or some other page really fast... not sure what that was about.
I wasn't able to click the links

Which would be the best sewing machine for a sewing virgin to purchase? I have decided to bite the bullet; joined burdastyle and ready to wreck havoc on material (!)
Try a Huskystar-not expensive, with an informative guidebook and a fantastic buttonhole gadget that automatically sets the size of the buttonhole.

i bought my sewing machine yesturday. its a singer inspiration and i really like it. I still wished that I could take home the Bernina 1008 that I use at school though

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I just made this dress it has an open back and it is just a printed jersey top that I draped and a jersey skirt part. I dont know if I will wear it out but it was a fun project

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->