Sewing

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that looks really comfy and wearable. did you put a zipper or anything in it or does it just slide on? also, is the drawstring elastic or not? thanks a bunch. i think im gonna make one of those.

im finishing up a jacket right now inspired by MARC JACOBS astrakhan mohair coat from fall 09....i'll post pics in a bit

Thank you! I do apologize for the late reply. Anyway, the drawstring is actually made out of satin- and I prefer so for it's ability.. to hang? I was pretty lucky to find such existence in this thrifty fabric warehouse for only $0.30/yard. As you probably know it, making thin drawstrings with non-stretchy fabric is a pain in the butt.

No I don't sew my own clothes. I only design sometimes.
Could anyone recommend me books about sewing and making patterns?

Im currently working on a one shoulderbias cut gown. It is still in the early stages. Here i am adjusting the pattern on the dressform...hard to imagine this would be a satin dress isnt it?
DSC04067.jpg

daniellat, I hope you post the dress as your working or when you complete it- I'm very excited to see how it will turn out. Good luck :]

I'm also working on a dress, made out of royal blue silk georgette, without a pattern- just draping as I go along. I should be done by the end of this week; will post pics after completion or when I'm half-way done.

So I completed 1/2 of the front today (just barely). Here is a couple of pictures: Enjoy! :P

2utqc0j.jpg

r76m50.jpg

Please disregard the bottom. It isn't permanent.
source: me

Heres how it looks so far, i really havent got much time to dedicate to the dress but a couple of hours every night..it already has all the lining and back zipper, only thing left to do is the hem and some beading on the shoulder.

The outer shell is cut on the bias and none of it has any other seams than the sideseams, i wanted it to be as clean as possible, the lining has princess cut seams and the interfacing gives it stiffness without using any boning or else.

View attachment 527905

Last edited by a moderator:
just putting the finishing touches on a pattern i made from scratch for a leather t-shirt (a la celine) Will post when done! / in construction

kissenkatja, that is amazing! please do post pics of the finished result :D

Speaking as a hardly experienced maker, it looks like shaping would have to be taken out of the side seams and the pattern to allow for all of the tucks which, when tucked, would be the same size as the un-tucked back.

For my tailored jacket brief:
It's anything but perfect, but it was a lot of effort.
It has a sky blue lining.
Note: it does not fit the model. In any way.

27744_10150201480020258_728120257_12929896_2516094_n.jpg

27744_10150201480040258_728120257_12929898_3804940_n.jpg

my photograaphhss

Thanks for all the compliment you guys! To be honest, the dress is pretty much done with the exception of the hem. However, the person I made the dress for will not be wearing it so that's why I'm slacking to fully complete it.

Here is a dress I made this week

il_430xN.150349249.jpg

il_430xN.150349464.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's stuff looks so great:heart:.My final runway garment for our school fashion show. I wish I could have gotten some more of the wrinkles out but I still think it turned out well. Its based on Saturn and aspects of the cold war. Our garments could not be wearable which I guess is a good thing :lol:
IMGP0374.jpg

front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"