Model Casting S/S 10

OK I am confused about the Dolce-Fendi "war." As much as I would love to bad mouth KL, I can see where they are coming from about cutting a girl if she is late. I can see it as them saying, "you better get on time, because we are not going to hold up the show waiting for a model." For some reason it goes from that statement to there being a "war," what happened after that Fendi proclamation that triggered this so-called war?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot imagine Karl looking at the Dolce casting and drawing up a list of girls he would never work with again.
lol

Bizarre casting at KL. Maybe there is some truth to the casting war rumor after all. If that's true, I hope Karl gets over it by the time Chanel rolls around. It'd be a rather strange show without Sasha & Co. :ninja:

I'll wait for Chanel, but after seeing KL cast, I'm inclined to believe this "war". Yeah, there were a couple girls at Fendi who did Dolce (Maryna, Karlie, Iris, anyone else?) but a lot of his usual girls were missing, Snejana, Natasha, Edita, Lily. Something is fishy here.

I'll wait for Chanel, but after seeing KL cast, I'm inclined to believe this "war". Yeah, there were a couple girls at Fendi who did Dolce (Maryna, Karlie, Iris, anyone else?) but a lot of his usual girls were missing, Snejana, Natasha, Edita, Lily. Something is fishy here.
Lol most of them did Dolce. Eniko, Kendra, Constance, Sara, Dorothea, Anna, Jacquelyn, Mathilde, Tara...

So even though the cast was weird, the "war" theory doesn't really hold. They possibly got pissed at some of Karl's old favourites for choosing Dolce over Fendi, but at least it doesn't seem to affect the newer girls.

yeah maybe it only applies to the favorites because there is more of a loyalty factor there, versus some of the new girls, maybe they just weren't cast for Fendi in the first place..

Edita and Natasha are more Dolce girls. Edita has done the campaign and Natasha seems close to the designers so they were going to chose them.
I would be shocked of Sasha was not at chanel, Karl loves her and always talkes about her in interviews.

Mikel,I just recalled a scene from the documentary The day before Fendi,
there is a scene that the show staff of Fendi were annoyed,why?because they said something like this ''girls are still at Dolce?"
Bottom line: maybe Something special happens between brands...
If so,why not fashion week committe seperate these 2 labels into different days?Idiot.

if I only have a choice,I prefer to walk on Fendi,though...because,after Fendi,I may walk chanel and KL....Karl controls everything.

^Thanks for that intersting piece of onfo :flower:

lol ridicolous, whay they have to show on the same day? or maybe one of them in the morning, the other one is in the evening..

To me it just looks like the folks at Fendi wanted their show to start on time. I don't know if they are mad at Dolce or the models for hanging around when they should have hustled off to their next show. I agree that the event organizers should space the shows a little further apart; it can still be on the same day but just more time in between.

If we're talking about this season's shows, Fendi showed before Dolce. I also partly blame Dolce too because Fendi showed at 11(I think) and Dolce at 1(I think). Which seems like plenty enough time for girls to do both shows. But someone posted that Dolce people said anybody coming in after 11 would not be walking.

What I also find quite interesting in terms of casting this season that 'old veterans' like Rianne and Iselin (and in a lesser degree Luca) have a stellar 'come back' season.

Kirsty Hume at Givenchy :shock: :heart:
Haven't seen her on a runway since Dior F/W 05.06 couture!

I don't know about Givenchy. I always feel like they try to be so different with their casting for sake of being weird/'edgy'/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->