Phoebe Philo - Designer

Ok, let´s put the "luxury" factor aside. For me the whole thing looks so generic, to the point of being anonymous.
If this is done on purpose, then I should congratulate her...because she totally nailed it!

It's hard to believe the partnership with Bergdorf was already a year in the making when you see the images.
I can not imagine Phoebe with her eye for detail throwing together some random elements for her outing in the physical retail world but strangely enough it really does look like a last minute assembly.

We just have to assume it was done on purpose and when considered like that, when it's supposed to make a statement of sorts, I think it should have been even more generic/simple.

I can understand her little corner will stand out at Bergdorfs for not being the usual marble, brass, mirrored and whatnot luxury shop in shop. But any hint of identity or emotion or just any interesting element would be welcome!

Makes me miss the late 1990s and first decade of the 2000s when brands were more experimental/adventurous with their store designs.

I think that not having a fragrance is probably their biggest biggest oversight. I remember TF launched RTW at Bergdorfs with his now famous Private Blend frags as well. This was back when $200 for a perfume was wow pricing. Now everyone has a $200 option and the new wow price is $500.
Yes but Tom started his brand with a series of licensing deals, as he was totally independent and kinda have to live up to the expectations people had.
Phoebe has everything integrated already. That’s maybe the plus with having LVMH in minority stakes. She uses the same facilities she had at Celine.

Tom had licensing deals with Zegna, Marcollin, Estée Lauder. He created an anticipation through his Youth Drew with Estée Lauder and his book. In 2006, he had already launched BO. All the money he made allowed him to launch the womenswear collection (and I think he sold a Warhol too).
And promoting the menswear with the eyewear was a big part of his work in order to represent and push the licenses.

Perfume can be integrated later but the market is almost saturated. She needs a strong brand awareness for it to make sense. I don’t expect from her to have a fragrance sold at Sephora.

Beauty is a kind of operation that needs quite a bit of investment. She has bags, eyewear and footwear that can help her to drive sales. She just needs a HIT, independent of the hype of the early collections.
Fragrances is something she can develop later.

but do I need to live an experience everytime I’m walking into a shop? No!
this might be the first time ever that I don’t agree with you @Lola701 .. I do want to live an experience if I buy something at this price point. I want to feel like whoever is selling is proud of their work and is presenting it in the most special way. Actually, I don’t mind that the presentation looks simple, I mind that it looks careless. I still love her clothes but this is a disappointment for me

It's hard to believe the partnership with Bergdorf was already a year in the making when you see the images.
I can not imagine Phoebe with her eye for detail throwing together some random elements for her outing in the physical retail world but strangely enough it really does look like a last minute assembly.

We just have to assume it was done on purpose and when considered like that, when it's supposed to make a statement of sorts, I think it should have been even more generic/simple.

I can understand her little corner will stand out at Bergdorfs for not being the usual marble, brass, mirrored and whatnot luxury shop in shop. But any hint of identity or emotion or just any interesting element would be welcome!

Makes me miss the late 1990s and first decade of the 2000s when brands were more experimental/adventurous with their store designs.
I agree. I don’t need a luxurious environment, just one that feels considered.

Yes but Tom started his brand with a series of licensing deals, as he was totally independent and kinda have to live up to the expectations people had.
Phoebe has everything integrated already. That’s maybe the plus with having LVMH in minority stakes. She uses the same facilities she had at Celine.

Tom had licensing deals with Zegna, Marcollin, Estée Lauder. He created an anticipation through his Youth Drew with Estée Lauder and his book. In 2006, he had already launched BO. All the money he made allowed him to launch the womenswear collection (and I think he sold a Warhol too).
And promoting the menswear with the eyewear was a big part of his work in order to represent and push the licenses.

Perfume can be integrated later but the market is almost saturated. She needs a strong brand awareness for it to make sense. I don’t expect from her to have a fragrance sold at Sephora.

Beauty is a kind of operation that needs quite a bit of investment. She has bags, eyewear and footwear that can help her to drive sales. She just needs a HIT, independent of the hype of the early collections.
Fragrances is something she can develop later.
Thinking ...somehow i see her never do fragrance or beauty.....as mush care she puts in details of clothes etc there is the other side of her that is always to not totally do what is expected from a person in her place .....somehow it might feel corny for her to do this fragrance or beauty part for her brand.....

That heeled boot thing with the snakeskin strap is downright upsetting to look at.
“I always tell my kids, the more you mess about, the more you find out,” she said, using a fruitier term than “mess.” Phoebe Philo

i love the researching process of it all prototyping when things are not perfect yet but can go many directions, it's generous and brave of her to show her process and experiments in this early tag of her brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->