Proenza Schouler Handbags - the PS1 et al

^bump

Hey ladies-i'm preparing to purchase myself one - finally!!! Should i go for the medium or large? I don't carry many things. And last question, how does the medium compare to a bal city?

Hi. Do you reckon that the PS1 paperbag effect tote would fit around a guys shoulders?

head over heels for the PS11:blush:

Attachments

• ps11 saddle.jpg
    ps11 saddle.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ps11 black.jpg
    ps11 black.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 9
^Wow it is a beauty! :heart:
The hardware styling brings to mind the Hermes Medor clutch.

Since its introduction back in 2008, Proenza Schouler’s new-classic PS1 bag has come in about as many colors and fabrications as you can imagine. One notable one was missing, though: patent. That all changes later this month, when Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez release a black patent version in three sizes (a pochette, a medium, and a large), exclusively on www.proenzaschouler.com. Using a new system Proenza Schouler developed, layers of transparent lacquer are “painted” on the skin, rather than the traditional method of layering plastic on top of the surface of the leather. The result is softer, more subtle, and more liquid-looking than the competition. To get a sense of it, you need to see it in action—which is why, very soon, we’ll be debuting a short film the duo has commissioned starring a model, a custom patent-leather version of a Fall ‘10 look, and the new patent bags. Stay tuned.
From style.com

Maybe it's the photo but it looks terrible. I'd believe anyone who tell me it's a fake :lol:

i agree the patent is too intense...
doesn't really fit with the style of the bag imo

I have a thing for patent bags and from what I read, I can imagine this bag being totally smooshy! Well, I look forward to the change of seeing and touching a real one.

just recently got the PS1 Pouchette and it's amazing how much fits inside. i'm usually a Balenciaga Weekender person, so it's really quite a change for me, but surprisingly it works really well. i can stuff tons of stuff inside it. matter of fact, i've been running around town with the Pouchette last week. only thing i'm missing is not being able to carry large items (water bottles, large writing pads, sweaters) and it looks unisex enough (i'm rather particular about that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->