Regina Spektor

Saw her on Saturday. She sounds beautiful live. Her voice has the exact same depth, clarity, and power as you hear in recordings. She sounded even better than she did on her CDs - which is an abnormal and amazing feat.

She's also really beautiful - pale alabaster skin and a streak of red lipstick.

She is the only artist I'd consider myself to be a fan of. I LOVE her music. I owen every single cd and my live-songs-collection is almost complete.

My favorites are:
Human of the year (2004 live-recording)
Rockland Counts (Demo)
Machine (live version with strings)
Riot Gear (live)
Bartender
Hero

I loooooooooooove this woman. So glad I saw her live last summer. The best concert I've ever been to.

Hero is a lovely song! Very simple to play as well. ^_^:heart:

Regina was a joy to see live. I look forward to another tour from her. :wub:

Has everyone heard her cover of No Surprises? It's lovely. Not as good as the original but it's still perfect in its own little Regina way.

^love it! ^_^

She's playing in Brazil in October, at this weird festival which will take place at a huge farm :huh: (they're calling it the "Brazilian Woodstock" :lol:), with great artirts though. But it's super expensive and far, far away... :( Hope I can make it! I'd die to see her live.

Great avatar, Brazilian Girl. :winkiss:

I would love to see Regina again. (I think she should have gone on tour with The National who are coming in October.)

:(

It's just been announced that Dan Cho, the cellist who has toured with Regina and tons of other artists, drowned in Lake Geneva on Tuesday. The tragedy occured a day before Regina and her band were set to play at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. Posting on Facebook, Regina said:

dch.jpg

reginaspektor.org

I remember him at the concert I attended about a year ago. What a shame.

I used to love her but somehow pretty much all of her songs start to sound the same if you listen to her a lot,so my fascination with her has faded...

Man of a Thousand Faces video :woot:

Directed by Adria Petty

The video doesn't actually get good til 2:23.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand! There may be a concert DVD in the works. :D

Spent the week working with Adria (Petty) on the DVD concert film from London... Looking at Dan's sweet face day after day... He plays so beautifully, and looks so real... it's so hard to believe he is gone... We will miss you always Dan..

regvh1.jpg

reginaspektor.org

Regina to appear on VH1's '100 Greatest Artists of All Time'!
The show will begin airing on September 6th, 2010. More information is available here. Coolness!

She is my favorite artist of all time. I'm so glad she's on VH1's list! She deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolelisa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->