Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

You're all such avid haters, it's so amusing 😩
honestly wont be surprised if some of the avid haters actually bought ancora :innocent:

i saw a lot of pretty modern cut basics from the store. Didnt dare come close to see the finishings though

honestly wont be surprised if some of the avid haters actually bought ancora :innocent:

i saw a lot of pretty modern cut basics from the store. Didnt dare come close to see the finishings though
I hated Dior by Raf Simons but bought a Bar pantsuit, 2 pairs of pumps and 2 bags from his era so your statement is not a stretch lol.

There are good knitwear but not desirable enough to pay full price though.

Someone needs to turn that gif into a Jan Steen-style painting. The state of fashion in the year 2024. The gluttony, the euphoric pride out of nothing, corporate eustress, illegitimate brotherhood, the smiling through the tears outcast in the back.

steen1.jpg

Someone needs to turn that gif into a Jan Steen-style painting. The state of fashion in the year 2024. The gluttony, the euphoric pride out of nothing, corporate eustress, illegitimate brotherhood, the smiling through the tears outcast in the back.

View attachment 1254330
that's literally scarlett johansson in marriage story.

Did I forget to say during my visit I stumbled across designs from other brands, in the mens shoes ? Literal Tod's Gommini and Loro Piana Summer Walk loafers, but with Gucci horsebits... I found the whole trick quite shocking, pathetic, and honestly repulsive...

All of these Kering star designers are designing from their mind instead of their heart. They are just making algorithms of what works from different popular items and make a design out of it. Hoping it will be the next best seller... All trying to be a Diorbot. This is probably the effect of technology in the current generation. Everything is very calculated and soulless.

Unfortunately only Demna and Vaccarrello have any own point of view in Kering.

Or maybe they are building him up to be sort a sort of relatable, fun, positive vibes character? In the documentary it seems to be that way. Personal, sensitive, relatable family oriented man and fun to be around. Who knows he can be the next TikTok sensation!

For me it was never about his personal attributes but the work itself. What we have seen in the past year have not been coherent in all aspects. Wearing Cartier in the first press image was already a sign. Stealing Phoebe's thunder by using Daria and releasing a campaign that looks nothing like the first collection, the points goes on. But if Ancora becomes a commercial success I'm ready to take all my comments back.

But if Ancora becomes a commercial success I'm ready to take all my comments back.
I think it’s performing well, considering a lot is sold out on their e-commerce site and at other major e-retailers. One day this week, I’m going to take some Dramamine and visit the flagship to see for myself…

I think it’s performing well, considering a lot is sold out on their e-commerce site and at other major e-retailers. One day this week, I’m going to take some Dramamine and visit the flagship to see for myself…
Deliberate scarcity ? Too often stockists are listing pieces one-by-one (even if there have a dozen) to get the famous "1 remaining left" and trigger the FOMO of the customer.

Deliberate scarcity ? Too often stockists are listing pieces one-by-one (even if there have a dozen) to get the famous "1 remaining left" and trigger the FOMO of the customer.
They also list on website as unavailable and give you the direction on the nearest boutique, customers have more inclined to impulsive buying when in stores (with the help of the SAs of course) : so the bag is unavailable online, you go in stores and buy the bags plus the coordinated belt and wallet for instance ...
The psy-marketing have become extremely sophisticated.

20% is quite shocking, but to be fair, Sabato's clothes have just hit the stores, haven't they? Even if this result may have been already affected by his (lack of) creative direction, I'd wait for the Q2 numbers. Still, the tension must be insane at Kering.

20% is quite shocking, but to be fair, Sabato's clothes have just hit the stores, haven't they? Even if this result may have been already affected by his (lack of) creative direction, I'd wait for the Q2 numbers. Still, the tension must be insane at Kering.
Clothes aren't even 10% of the sales, they are usually 45% leather goods, 45% shoes, 10% the rest (sunnies, RTW, homeware etc) ... it's not brilliant at BV neither apparently.

Sabato's collection only hit the stores mid February, so this report is not indicative of his performance, more so of that between designers-no direction limbo. We'll have to wait the next couple of quarters to really get the diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->