Saint Laurent Music Project by Hedi Slimane

I wish he pay more atention to designing colection, than photographing 10 and more photos for one season campaign. Campaign is normal for me, since I'm not very interested in these people. I have to admit Daft Punk shots looks superb. Looks a bit Balenciag maybe.

Everything is gorgeous. This campaign is one of spring's best! Yes, Hedi is excellent in selling an ideology, a lifestyle. We could only hope he starts to think of the house he is designing for...

YES, YES, and YES. I'm screaming at how flawless the Daft Punk images are.

At the end of the day, this campaign is cool but I just can't relate it with SL. Probably just for me, I really think he needs to start his own line. There's a difference between an eponymous brand and designing for a brand with the input of your aesthetics.

Kudos for bringing the Daft Punk! It makes sense to me on so many levels.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Daft Punk pics are cool because of the accessories. not the shots. Hedi is using this brand to further his photography career, not his design. It shows considering he's putting out six collections a year (and he most likely does barely any work on them and leaves it to his team) and 233829562397462937462397462397462398412 campaigns per seaxon. I just think it's disgusting for someone to use a brand with so much history and heritage so he can get his photography some publicity. Every since his Dior Homme days barely anyone talks about him, because he focused 100% on his photography. People are talking about him now because he's the "creative" director for YSL, or "Saint Laurent," as I should say. This campaign isn't meant to bring publicity to his work at Saint Laurent, it's meant to bring some international publishing because his photography is crap and nobody cares about it and that's the only way people will notice it.

Architects of rock and blues

A new addition to Saint Laurent's Music Project. Starring Jerry Lee Lewis, B.B. King, and Chuck Berry.

twitter.com/ysl

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, now that's a BOSS of a cast.

Saint Laurent Music Project March 2014: Marianne Faithfull by Hedi Slimane

facebook/ysl

At the end of the day, this campaign is cool but I just can't relate it with SL. Probably just for me, I really think he needs to start his own line. There's a difference between an eponymous brand and designing for a brand with the input of your aesthetics.

I agree, this campaign has very little to do with YSL, even if it's a cool campaign. Hedi should just start his own label and quit using YSL to further his own agenda, because it really looks like he's trying to market himself and catapult his own vision by using YSL. It's not so much saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane it's really just Hedi Slimane by Hedi Slimane being sold under the label saint Laurent.

Those images are very cool but nothing says YSL to me *pouts*

Posting these cause they're the latest addiction to the 'project' but mostly cause JOSH
i still can't believe these are real, by the way

SAINT LAURENT MUSIC PROJECT
JOSH HOMME / QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
APRIL 2015
JOSH WAS PHOTOGRAPHED AT HIS HOUSE IN HOLLYWOOD HILLS, LOS ANGELES

facebook.com/ysl

Oh, what a lovely surprise, it's been awhile since I last saw or listened to him. And thanks to this now I know that EODM are on tour, very soon to be in my town. Thanks SL, at least for something. :D

the way he photographs musicians resembles more a 'got milk?' campaign from the late 90s, you have this big name.. with an incredibly buffoonish air about them and what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->