Sex and the City 2

Finally seen it today after waiting a few days for the hype to phase out, the cinema was practically empty.
I can honestly say that I loved it. Samantha for me, was superb, I can't get enough of her character.
Critics will be critics at the end of the day, as long as we've enjoyed it, thats the main thing.

OMG it was the worse movie I saw lately. I loved the series but this is nothing like it.

I liked it! I do think the first one was better, especially the fashion! But it wasn't bad.

I saw it and I didn't like it that much....kinda boring...

I didn't really like it. Sure, there were some pretty funny scenes and the decor was great (LOVE Big & carries appartment, it's gorgerous), but most of the time, the film was just boring (way too long imo) and soo unrealistic..I couldn't stand it at times.
And I do think that most of the scenes in Abu Dhbuai were pretty offensive...

i don't understand why some people find it boring, i found the first movie boring when you see this movie... the second movie had some really funny parts and i loved Samantha and Charlotte, especially when she was wearing her vintage skirt and cupcake apron, that was adorable!

oh boy. saw the movie today, i couldnt resist. it was cheesy to me, didnt like samanthas sexual antics in an arabic country, although the man who was plowing her in the end was hot. I didnt like carries nagging which made me think back to the series. i found that big wasnt a bad boy heartbreaker player after all. he was divorced and playing the field. if anything carrie is the one who just cant seem to figure things out for herself. i saw nothing wrong with big watching tv on the couch and eating takeout, thats what men do, so before any woman begs, pleads, and prays for marriage to a man, study the species. charlotte annoys me because she is very judgemental. she had no business saying what someone should or should not do in their marriage. and miranda was bubbly, not used to this kind of miranda but i think it was refreshing that for once she didnt have so much stress on her. i also was glad to see her back to work in the end. now that i think of it, miranda was the only one who wasnt complaining and nagging the entire movie. the only scene i absolutely loved was miranda and charlotte sharing their gripes on motherhood. i guess i loved it because i can relate and a few thing were said that absolutely refers to me. overall, it was once a great, revolutionary tv series, and they sprinkled boo boo on it with the films.

Last edited by a moderator:
i meant smeared and not sprinkled. on th eother hand, i liked the fashion, mainly the shoes. i also loved the settings in NYC. their apartments are all great! wish i could live like that!

^I agree with you on Big! I feel for him. And boy do I find him hot and attractive!

ok I could write loads but its late so ill keep it brief.

Miranda always used to be the pessimistic character-it was funny and that was her thing---if she was real and she watched this movie she would tear it apart. I can only think her dramatic change in character is due to the happiness in her private life intertwining with the writing.

Its such a shame they didnt stay true to the characters real identities. They took what were potentially real women and turned them into complete parodies of what they once were.

Yes, samantha always enjoyed sex, but it was the funny stories and her quick wit that made us love the character--not BECAUSE she was promiscious--but its like they focused on her sex to get the laughs. The scene were she was surrounded by arabs after dropping her birkin and shouting 'yes! I have sex!!' was hilarious but also jarring.

The 'burka removal' scene was cringing. I dont doubt women that wear burkas own feminine pieces of clothing but for all 4 characters to stand gawping at 'this seasons vuitton collection' in a market in the middle of no where---just obscenely idiotic. & the clothes were awful!! Rich arab women are known for buying couture pieces but they dont stomp around in them under their burkas!! :ninja:

Carrie was positively awful regarding the whole nagging big thing--if they wanted to portray her as the worst wife ever they did a brilliant job! Big bends over backwards to please her and when she is given gifts her reaction is 'jewelry wouldve been nice'. OMG. horrendous!

They must have been forced into making this movie for the money because there were so many flaws im sure michael patrick king and SJP would've originally been against!!

I enjoyed it JUST because it was SATC but like i read...'if theres no sex, and no city...is it really sex and the city??'

^^I know. the only one who is having sex in the city is samantha. or sex in abu dahbi.

Fashionturnip - I really liked your review, and agree with pretty much everything you said in it! Especially this :
They took what were potentially real women and turned them into complete parodies of what they once were.
Yes, samantha always enjoyed sex, but it was the funny stories and her quick wit that made us love the character--not BECAUSE she was promiscious--

I saw it last night... and even though 1) it was so cheesy at parts, 2) it may take me years to erase Liza Minelli dancing to Single Ladies from my memory 3) they made SJP into a really annoying, ungrateful brat 4) some scenes were offensive and kind of unncessary:doh: ...

but.... if I don't take it too seriously (which this movie is obviously not supposed to be) it did have its moments. There is something to be said for the 4 of them together, even though the script is not that good, they still have that special chemistry. I had a few good laughs I have to admit if you compare to the tv show, its definitely lost some of it's integrity.

I'd like to add about it being offensive in some parts... there were also parts about it which were wonderful and showed so much the kindness and welcoming spirit of the arabs. I think it tried to show both the good and bad, but still I may not very well placed to comment on this...

There was no need for a second part imo. This comes from someone that loves S&C.
The series in dvd are it's best friend

There was no need for a second part imo. This comes from someone that loves S&C.
The series in dvd are it's best friend

yes, with the dvd's we can always revert to the way things were and erase the painful memories of the films. :lol:

Hey guys Does any of you know which brand is Carrie's mini purse in he movie??? the one in where she said she kept her passport when they are about to leave the hotel.... PLEASE guys!! lol

the movie was just as i expected. it s stupid to want something more. it s about fashion and a plot it s just a plus, if it s there it s fine if it s not there it s fine.
2 things i didn t like, all the women looked way older than they actually are. something about the make up and the hair. SJP looked the worse imo.

another thing is Big giving her a diamond after she kissed Aiden is just an insult to everybody watching. are people that stupid? who gives a diamond to their cheating wife???

but from the moment Samantha was in jail i laughed all the way till the end. Samantha was just being Samantha, that scene where she was surrounded by those weird men, I totally got that. she s had it enough with being supressed and wanted to shock them.well done Sam.

^Sometimes I wish Big and Samantha would get married.
:lol:
Just because they're my favorite characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->