Sex and the City Movie *Update* The Movie Sequel in the Works

I can't believe I still haven't seen it.. I CAN'T! I've gotta see it before I move!

Oh yes... You have to see it on the big screen! What a treat. I loved the movie! I really enjoyed myself. The theater was packed, with women, mostly... Everybody seemed to have a great time.

Sex And The City : The Movie sequel in the works.

I kind of hoped they wouldnt do a sequel because i thought the movie brought characters to a nice closure so i have no idea what they woudl explore in the next one, of course i will go and see it no matter what.:blush:

HBO has confirmed that a sequel to the Sex And The City movie is in the works.

Producers were rumoured to be making plans for a second film last December, before the first was released.

They are now keen to capitalise on the success of the spinoff, which has made around £177.5 million at the worldwide box office.

HBO chief Michael Lombardo said: "There is enormous interest by Warner Brothers Newline to do another Sex And The City, and... they're trying with our help to put that together now."

Rapper P Diddy is thought to be in line for a role in the planned sequel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a109948/hbo-confirms-sex-and-the-city-sequel.html

^I wouldn't mind there being a second film, but I hope P. Diddy isn't in it.

What story is there left to tell? When the series ended, there were still questions left to be answered (what will happen with Carrie and Big? Will Samantha and Smith make it work?What will Charlotte's adopted baby be like?). Now that the movie has answered all of those questions (quite predictably), what more can be said? At this point, I feel like a sequel would be a stretch, and it would further tarnish the image of SATC.

It was said that if the first one was a success, Michael Patrick King wanted to do a trilogy but I have no idea what his plans are for 2 more movies.

I don't think they need a new one actually, and it is obviously about the money :lol:
But hey, if they want to, I will definatly go and see it :buzz:
Excited actually

Please I hope they don´t focus the film on Carrie-Big, because I cannot stomach another breakup-period of grief-slow recovery-idiotic reconciliation.:angry: If they break up, they better put somebody decent to make Big dissapear for good.

I don´t see how are they gonna plot something decent with what´s left, but with all that money...they´ll come up with something.:innocent:

What story is there left to tell? When the series ended, there were still questions left to be answered (what will happen with Carrie and Big? Will Samantha and Smith make it work?What will Charlotte's adopted baby be like?). Now that the movie has answered all of those questions (quite predictably), what more can be said? At this point, I feel like a sequel would be a stretch, and it would further tarnish the image of SATC.
Thats what i was wondering aswell, what more is there to tell?Unless they totally go into different direction and make Carrie all domestic or a mother, but that would be very fake.

ehhhhhhhhh...

i don't think they need another one.

Same here. -_- As much as I love SATC, I am content with how it all ends.

Please I hope they don´t focus the film on Carrie-Big, because I cannot stomach another breakup-period of grief-slow recovery-idiotic reconciliation.:angry:

Me neither. :rofl: I love how you put that.

Here is a new rumor about the sequel:

The Next Sex And The City Movie Will Be All About... Samantha!

Hold onto your seats ladies because this rumor is getting me excited. Hey! If the X-Men can split up and each have individual movies made about them... why not the Sex and the City ladies?

RUMOR is that Kim Cattrall's character is set to STAR in the next Sex and the City movie after approaching producers with the idea that Samantha should take the lead! I'm getting giddy just writing about this. Samantha's back! We learned that towards the end of the movie. The options are limitless.

If this is true, then Carrie and Big will be pushed off to the side probably living out a happy life in marital bliss while Samantha makes an attempt to get back on track. One co-star isn't rumored to be too happy with the decision... Sarah Jessica Parker.

"Sarah threatened to boycott the sequel if Warner Brothers agreed to Kim's plan. Sarah said she'd withdraw her producer credit and put pressure on Cynthia Nixon and Kirstin Davis to not participate."

If Sarah really doesn't want this to happen... odds are it won't.

"Sarah is in the driver's seat as far as having final say on the sequel and the storylines."

Only time will tell... or a rep confirmation. But I'm banking on time.

I'm not obsessed

Get ready for another round of BS rumors that will clog the blogs for at least a year...LOL

The current film has done remarkably well though, around 400 million worldwide. I'm sure they will release the DVD around Black Friday and it will make even more money.

^ yeah is it really confirmed that they are doing another one? I will believe that so far but all these rumors about what it will be about - those should be taken with a grain of salt.. :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone who says this is so unnecessary.. I enjoyed the movie, but felt that certain parts of it were not even needed, so for them to say they will do another one is surprising. I really hope they don't change the character's personalities and integrity just to manifest more scripts..

but hell yeah I'll go see it either way! :lol::blush:

the movie was boring to death .....
and i don't understand why they didn't do anything about Samantha's breast cancer .... she had breast cancer, right ?

anyway .... a total waste of time .....
though some major fashion moment .... especially the vivienne westwood wedding dress with the bird hat ....

I read somewhere that Miranda is going to come out as a lesbian...any thoughts on how that will be?

^ I heard that too and it makes me mad because we went through this entire thing about her and Steve in the first movie and that would've basically made her entire plot line the first time around pointless..

plus I feel like it would be just so random considering on the show she has always liked men.. Samantha was the one that dabbled in the lesbianism :lol:

Given the success of the first Sex and the City movie, I would guess that a sequel is pretty likely. In fact, I thought that the fact that a second movie is in the works had been confirmed. Although, I'm not 100% sure.
I am also inclined to believe that there is an interest in making the movie primarily about Kim Catrall's character. I would think that focusing the movie around Samantha would be the smartest thing to do, considering the fact that she was the only character who didn't end up happily ever after at the end of the first movie. At least, by focusing the movie on Samantha, there would be something to tell. I think that everyone realizes that another movie revolving around Big and Carrie breaking up and then getting back together again, just wouldn't cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->